Oil Injection Needs To Go

Discussion in 'Bubba's Outboards' started by Puddin Head, Aug 19, 2008.

1. Puddin Head

Puddin Head New Member

State:
    Grenada Lake, Ms
    My motor has the oil injection on it, and now that my warranty has run out I want to go to mixing my oil and gas.
    I've heard some bad thing about oil injection on some motors. If I can change it back to mixing it myself, I know I won't have a oil failure.
    Can someone tell me how to do that ? .

Gary

2. Big Sam

Big Sam Well-Known Member

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    I dont know the tear model or make of your motor ......but the newer models will shut down if the pump fails...the new ones are computer driven for optimum efficency:tounge_out: you probably cant go around the computer...ask Bubbacat...

3. Katmandeux

Katmandeux New Member

State:
    Checotah, Oklahoma
    I just go ahead and mix my gas 100:1...probably too much oil, but it seems to do fine.

4. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    If you keep it serviced. There should not be a reason to take it off. Also I bet it will cause issues with the other stuff on the motor also.
    Every motor I know of, The owners did not change out the oil and gas lines. And that caused the pump to fail.
    But then again I know what motor you have. And the luck you have. HaHa. But if it were me, I would not take it off.
    Pete

5. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    Oil injection is one of the most reliable systems we have these days. Kept serviced and lines changed every two years should be repair free. I would add some sea foam to the oil tank just like I would the fuel and keep the oil injection. If you are dead set against keeping it then you will have to return it to a shop where they can bypass all the warning systems because they chane that system about every 2 years and I have no info on them.

6. biga

biga Well-Known Member

State:
    evansville
    100:1???? thats not much oil at all!! you tryin to burn it up so you can get a new one?:smile2:

7. Katmandeux

Katmandeux New Member

State:
    Checotah, Oklahoma
    Backup. Just a little bit of insurance in case the oil injection fails.

8. biga

biga Well-Known Member

State:
    evansville
    ok i miss understood you.... i thought you meant after eliminating the injection!:embarassed: i knew you were smarter than that :smile2::smile2:

9. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    Mine runs on 100:1 and at anything lower then wide open does not even inject oil.
    But its a E-Tec.:big_smile:
    Pete

10. Catfish_Calvin

Catfish_Calvin New Member

State:
    Nauvoo, Il
    I also have oil injection and it worries me that it will quit and my motor will lock up right in the middle of the river. How should i service this? Bubbakat you say add SeaFoam to the oil resevoire just like i do to the gas tank? And change which lines every 2 years? sorry for all the questions

11. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    Change all rubber hoses on that engine after the second season. What type of motor you running.