Ohio's Cat "N" ChaT

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by catfishrollo, Apr 7, 2008.

1. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Let's try something new here for all ohio members. Let's start a chattin thread. This can be for everyday topics involving yourself with fishing, or even just daily living. Let's talk about the weather, your mother in-law, or simply just drop in to say hello and let us know your doing good on the day. Other members from other states are welcome to drop in as well. This is gonna take participation from everyone to make it interesting, so lets give it a go! I will get it started here.....rollo

2. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    just got back from the doctor, found out I have bronchitis and got some meds. hopefully to kick it before the weekend. Hopefully the rain won't be much this week and the river will continue to drop. these warm days have been helping the river temp.s out on the muskingum, should be getting good soon...rollo

3. crab

crab New Member

State:
    Ironton,Ohio
    Yep Jason I hope how soon the river drops also,Im itching to get out there and do some fishing. Well work sucked today like always lol it drug on for what seemed like forever. Got home and my labs wanted to run laps around the pool so Ill have to plant grass seed before long. They think they are in the derby taking laps around it untill a couple of them give out and go lay in the shade.:smile2:

4. prostreetS10

prostreetS10 New Member

State:
    ohio
    Hope you meds work quick for ya. I was gonna get out and try to get me some bait today but didn't get the chance. Guess im gonna hit a couple creeks and maybe try the GMR for a few hours tomorrow. All this warm steady weather water temp will be comin up and the flats will be biting.

5. RetiredToFish

RetiredToFish New Member

State:
    Newark, Ohio
    I spent the last two day in frustration, depression filled with despair .... The drain where I live was plugged up ... called a plumber and it was going to be at least $150.00 and probably more ... so went to Lowes and told them about my problem ... their Department "Expert" handed me a bottle of liquid drain cleaner and told me to pour it in the drain and follow the directions ... I ask if was okay to use with PVC and said no problem. So came home ond poured into the drain ... First it wouldn't go through the water in the trap and backed up into the sink ... Now folks we are talking about sulfuric acid .... I kept waiting for it to work and it did ... it ate the metal strainers up in the sink ... I finally had to disconnect the trap and drain it out. I had a terrible time then getting the strainers CUT out of the sink.

Nex went to the basement ... poured the remainder of bottle of sulfuric acid into the cleanout .... it bubbled and gushed all over the floor ... finally was able to run a 10 foot snake all the way ... no good ... went to Lowes and bought a 25 foot snake ... no good ... borrowed a 50 foot snake and after running it in 26 feet ... it opened up ... of course when I was at Lowes twice I forgot to buy the new strainer ... and will have to go back TOMORROW ... I am too damn tired today .... at least I can take a shower .... :angry:.... Aren't you sorry you asked Jason ......... Garry-

6. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    I finally am legal to fish in Ohio now. Regina got me my OH license today as an early b-day present. You all better watch out now, I'm coming to catch all the fish in your state!!!:crazy::tounge_out::wink::smile2:

7. RetiredToFish

RetiredToFish New Member

State:
    Newark, Ohio
    John ....... you can have all of the Carp and Bass that you want .... if you take all of the bass we can get rid of these pesky bass fishermen .... :wink: .... Garry-

8. x smokin joe

x smokin joe Well-Known Member

State:
    Monclova,
    Name:
    Joe
    Going walleye fishing in the morning. The run is on in the Maumee River and I hope to get my limit. This is going to be my first trip this year, the water has been way too high for me be in. I live 5 minutes from the river and have been doing the walleye run since I moved here 20 years ago. This is the latest I have ever made a 1st walleye trip of the year.

9. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    I was gonna save them for you and Rollo...:wink::smile2:
    I'm only interested in the catfish...:wink:....Don't worry though, I'm a CPR guy 99% of the time and 100% if their over 8#'s or so!:wink::big_smile:

10. gottagetabigun

gottagetabigun New Member

State:
    OKLAHOMA
    hope you get to feeling better. i have had bronchitis three times since july. three weeks later one is still coughing up stuff you can hang on a hook.

11. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    been down for over a week now! i guess its going around the doc said. hey smokin joe, you live right by the town of maumee? maybe i can meet up with you sometime? rollo

12. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    By the way, anyone watching the National Championship tonight? Who are ya pickin? I'm going with Memphis....rollo

13. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Things have been nusy around the house, on an up note the water temp at East Fork lake was around 54 in some spots sunday, oh yeah though the fish didnt care...:smile2:...So how is everyone? Doing good? Hey guess what all it does is rain in Ohio.....:smile2:....Sorry guys I have a screw loose right now...I know this made no sense whatsoever.......:0a22:....thats me in August when the river drops down again....:eek:oooh:

14. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    By the way, whats with the brainiacs who run the TV networks starting major sporting events late a night during the week? a 920 or something like that tip off???? Come on now, people work, If I stayed up till midnight to watch any sporting event all the time I would be a zombie at work, move these things to the weekend or something...I have to go with Memphis also..

15. RetiredToFish

RetiredToFish New Member

State:
    Newark, Ohio
    Jason ...... I will take the team with the most points at the end of the game ...:smile2: ...... Garry-

16. crab

crab New Member

State:
    Ironton,Ohio
    I think we can all sleep at ease tonight!!:wink::smile2::tounge_out::big_smile: I dont think us or our fish have anything to fear!!!:wink::smile2:

17. neocats

neocats New Member

State:
    Steubenvil
    A couple of more baitfish I caught at Spencer Lake today. The big one was 3 1/2#. Caught them in my cast net on the same throw. Unfortunately, I didn't get any shad. Fished with chicken liver till about 9:30pm and caught one little dink channel.
    [​IMG]

18. crab

crab New Member

State:
    Ironton,Ohio
    Nice bass neocats!

19. RetiredToFish

RetiredToFish New Member

State:
    Newark, Ohio
    Kansas! Will Win!.....:cool2:

20. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    well, I fell asleep before the second half started, and woke with the post game party. looks like I missed a good one. Anyways, goodmorning to all. It looks like another beautiful day outside. Wife has a doc. appt. this morning, then I'm gonna try to sneak out this afternoon for a few hours. She isn't gonna be too happy with me though, she thinks i should stay inside and rest with this chest cold. NAHH!:wink::roll_eyes: rollo