Ohio's Cat "N" Chat Volume III

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by catfishrollo, Aug 17, 2008.

1. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Time for another bull-crappin thread. How's the fishing in your area? How's your mother-in-laws pet hampster? Shoot your b/s.. maybe someone will read it and reply...:smile2::wink: rollo

2. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I saw more boats last night on the river than I ever have. There were close to 20 boats in the dresden area, a couple bass boats which one was stuck in the mud. I dunno where some of these people were from, but by the looks of how and where they were motoring, they obviously weren't locals. Fishing was slow again, waiting on the big rain to get things going alittle better. Anyone else do any good? I caught more cats for bait yesterday than fish last night. might be losing my touch...rollo

3. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    washington court house,oh
    lmao,stuck in the mud.
    ive been noticing paint creek down by the house is looking a little shallow lately.storm moved through the other night and just totally bypassed us.

gonna head out to deer creek this evening,try to catch some channels for the belly.i don't know how the fishing has been there lately,but i am gonna find out.

4. RetiredToFish

RetiredToFish New Member

State:
    Newark, Ohio
    I did something really constructive and entertaining last night .... I watched MICHAEL PHELPS become the greatest swimmer of all time and win his 8th gold ...... :big_smile: garry-

5. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    that guy has to be considered as one of the greatest athletes ever, if not the best individual athlete.... AMAZING! rollo

6. jerryb

jerryb New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I'd say he's one, if not the best, swimmer of all time, but how do you say anyone is the greatest athlete? Each sport has it's own set of athletic requirements, so I think it would be hard to say that anyone is the greatest all around athlete... of course, I've been wrong before, so...

As for the fishin', went out Friday nite and got a couple of decent sized channels for my best nite this year - finally, more than one keeper at a time!! :smile2:

7. KatfishKyle

KatfishKyle New Member

State:
    Wayne Co. Ohio
    Money was tight this week so I didnt make it out. Sat out back lastnight by a fire with a few friends and a couple cases of beer and put the buzz on. I kept repeating "I should be fishin" And Tarrah kept telling me to..." Shut up!, Its a beautiful night!" And all I would say is " Exactly! Thats why I should be fishin!" But I still had fun this weekend!

8. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    your right bro, but that moon was bright! rollo

9. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    is it true you can catch monster flathead catfish on buckeye nuts in Ohio? :big_smile:

10. RetiredToFish

RetiredToFish New Member

State:
    Newark, Ohio
    No ... It is the "Buckeye Nuts" that are out fishing for the Flatheads .... :wink::smile2::smile2: .... Garry-

11. Garrett Cope

Garrett Cope New Member

State:
    Columbus Ohio
    The Fishing (or at least the CATCHING) has been mighty slow lately. I went to griggs reservoir twice in the past 4 days and was shut out both times. The first time was early evening and the boat traffic was ridiculous.
    The second time was last night and i fished with my stepson for 4 plus hours at night in what's usually an easy spot to catch channels and we barely got a nibble. I guess i need to start a rain dance;)

12. slimdaddy

slimdaddy Well-Known Member

State:
    Nelsonville, Oh
    Name:
    Keith
    i went last nite got one bite 1 small channel and that was it in 6 hours of fishing

13. neocats

neocats New Member

State:
    Steubenvil
    The bite is slow up north too. I went to SPencer Lake for about 4 hours and only had a few light bites. No fish to report.

14. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Well lets see, I had to fight with a raccoon yesterday that decided to take a nap behind my Washer in the garage, who by the way in turn ripped up all the isulated duct work on the return line to my central air unit, so went to Lowes and dropped 40$ on a 4 ft piece of new duct. That is after I fought the little jerk out with some long dusting pole my wife decided would be a good weapon of choice. WOW are those things mean...:crazy:...He was attacking that thing like crazy, glad it wasnt my hand....:eek:oooh: He is lucky I dont have a gun, or maybe I am.....might have shot up the garage....:smile2:...I still think he is in there hiding in some boxes, my cat usually will let me know when something is in there, he gets in his own box and looks as paranoid as can be. Oh yeah and my boat is screwing up again, and it never rains also...Yup that about sums up the weekend ....:tounge_out:

15. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    washington court house,oh
    i made it out yesterday.i had 4 good hits,coldn't get the hook in none of them.changed hook sizes,but still no good.
    oh well,the fall bite will be coming soon,maybe sooner than normal the way the weather is.
    did see two flocks of geese flying over deer creek,they were flying east,possibly heading over to the southern fly pattern south.i was thinking that this was a little too early,but i am not much on geese.

16. slinky

slinky New Member

State:
    ohio
    where r u fishing deer creek at? I have been havin some luck by the old bridge on 207.

17. JKrupp

JKrupp New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I haven't been fishing much too much work on the "honey-do list" lately but I did come home today to a nice surprise my wife got me a dog after months and months of telling me I don't need a stinkin dog. Also attached are a few of the 4d ultrasound pics of my little dude who will be joining the world in October

Attached Files:

18. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    CONGRATS!!! ITS ALWAYS GOOD NEWS TO HEAR THE FAMILY ADDITION!!!! AS YOU PROB. KNOW IM GONNA BE A DAD AGAIN ALSO... CONGRATS TO YOU AND THE FAMILY... WHERE IS THE THANKS BUTTON? ITS BEEN GONE A COUPLE DAYS NOW... HOPE THE BOC GETS IT FIGURED OUT. REPS TO YOU ON THE NEW ONE!!!!!...rollo

19. JKrupp

JKrupp New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Congrats to you too brother. This will be my second boy, so far I'm batting 1000 lol The older boy is 4 and just begining his fishing career, when I can keep him from screwing around with everything in the tackle box. Although my tackle sounds alot cool when he talks about the boom chuckers (sinkers) and the bomb floater (bobbers) and the bendometer (aerator) Its just amazing watching them grow and be so hungry for knowledge. It doesn't hurt your ego to have them think you are the best at everything either lol

20. TheRiverRat

TheRiverRat New Member

State:
    Hamilton,Ohio
    i watched phelps too hes a beast