Ohio's Cat "N" Chat .. Volume II

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by RetiredToFish, May 6, 2008.

1. RetiredToFish

RetiredToFish New Member

State:
    Newark, Ohio
    I thought I would start a new general chat line to continue you on with Bro. Rollo's original theme ... since it is getting so long.

Yesterday was a good day for me ... nope wasn't fishing, but as many of you know I've been having outboard motor problems ... Well, yesterday got problems reseolved and now if the weather holds out and I can get all of my family obligations behind me and the gas prices don't go any higher .... I might be able to get boat in water soon and figure out some of these local lakes for some good fishing. Thanks to all that gave me invaluable info about working on my outboard ...... Garry- :smile2:

2. prostreetS10

prostreetS10 New Member

State:
    ohio
    Good to hear you got your boat fixed. Good time to be out tearing flatheads up.

3. RamRod

RamRod New Member

State:
    Ohio
    What ended up being the fix for it Garry?

4. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    washington court house,oh
    good to hear you got it fixed,garry

5. RetiredToFish

RetiredToFish New Member

State:
    Newark, Ohio
    Johnny .. it seemed that the left head was plugged up with what looked like sand and rust .... I couldn't get only a slight trickle of water coming from that head into the thermostat .... so I back flushed that side of the head and it cleared the crap out of it .... Just hope I got all of it ... need to get it in water and run it now ... If it sounds like I know what I was doing .... WRONG .... it was only from advise of a couple people on here that made it possible ... Thanks to all that helped ......... Garry- :eek:oooh:

6. luckey wade

luckey wade New Member

State:
    ohio
    Garry ,Good to here you got your motor fixed.
    I just want to say Hello to all.
    Ive been very bisse,whit the lawn care.
    I went fishihg 4 or 5 times .I did catch a nice 12 pound channel.
    Besides that ,Everyone have fun and catch alot of fish.
    Luckey Wade !

7. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Glad you got her taken care of Garry, I have been working on mine forever now, finally got her running good, on top of tearing up the floor and adding a new one, on top of all kinds of electrical work. Time to stop working and start fishing...:wink:

8. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    goodmorning you cattin friends. got a rain day today from work, so im gonna enjoy the time off. lol.. looking forward to getting on the water this weekend. sounds like the weather is supose to be fit. hopefully we won't get a washout today, and the river conditions stay half way stabile. later on...rollo

9. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Yeah dont want to much rain, but would like a little to get the current moving a little and swell up some feeder creeks..:roll_eyes:

10. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    anyone gonna chase any hogs tonight? im gonna be out there somewhere:eek:oooh: rollo

11. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    I went out last night and caught my PB Channel of 2008 on the Big Sandy River across from KY & WV. Read about it in the Member Fishing Reports Section. Not too big but it was an upgrade for the fish-off.:wink:

12. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    well, i cut my night short... one channel cat at 9 pounds, on cut shad... no runs on livebait... i setup on one particular spot for most the evening which i usually don't do, and it didn't pan out, but thats the way it goes, could go back tomorrow night and have a different outcome. this is why im addicted to flathead fishing, they are so unpredictable sometimes!!! hope everyone else had better luck this evening than I did......rollo

13. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    looks like the rain has settled back in again this morning :sad2: rollo

14. RetiredToFish

RetiredToFish New Member

State:
    Newark, Ohio
    I would say we are going to get a real soaking and maybe some wind out of this storm ... If you look at it on the weather map it has the rotation of a hurricane .... God forbid ........ Garry-:eek:oooh:

15. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    this is gonna put a hurtin on the river. if the water temps. were much warmer, i wouldn't much mind the high water, but this could slow things up a great deal for a while...rollo

16. RetiredToFish

RetiredToFish New Member

State:
    Newark, Ohio
    I think you are right Jason ... storm coming from NW .... Been watching it for a couple of days and the back side of it yesterday had mixed rain and snow ... so it is going to be cold rain ... it will probably throw a couple of tornados out of it too .... just hope they aren't close by ...... Garry- :cool2:

17. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Are the Channels full of eggs up there? A dead one we saw on the bank was plum full of them and the 2 I caught seemed really fat. Its awfully odd, too early I think???:confused2:

18. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    we have caught some females that were blown up pretty good. the big male channels were biting quite well the last couple weeks, but they seemed non existant last night moreless....rollo

19. RetiredToFish

RetiredToFish New Member

State:
    Newark, Ohio
    John the one I cleaned last week and one this week both had eggs in them, but neither one of them were very mature. Looked like probably 3 weeks to a month before they would be ready. ... Garry- :cool2:

20. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY

Thanks Garry for the info,
    That had me wondering about that.:confused2: