Ohio Weather eh?

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by chris45601, Sep 12, 2007.

1. chris45601

chris45601 New Member

State:
    ohio
    Ok im sure you brothers and sister have seen the weather report for the next few days, 71 F in the day 45 at night...Should i be worried?

2. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    the only thing you should worry about chris, is finding the car harts from last yr. before long. the flathead bite is only beginning. as the water temps. fall into the 70's, 60's even mid 50's, the bite will only increase for the winter cold water period. the fall bite is much different than the spring bite. they won't stop biting when temps. plummet into the low 60's. they will however relocate to different areas in time..keep fishing dude! rollo:big_smile:

3. chris45601

chris45601 New Member

State:
    ohio
    Brother i broke out the Ge coat and that under armor last night, didn't do any good. Walked through a million garden spiders and how i hate spiders:eek:oooh:. Big ones, but i didn't like the water where i was fishing at first. It looked like a film was on the top of it

4. Vonroc

Vonroc New Member

State:
    Central Ohio
    Fall fishing, man thats the best time for me . Always catch the big ones during this time - can't wait. Bring it on!

5. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    This is the month in Ohio when the water temps start to fall and the river temp is warmer than the air temp that I always catch big fish. Its just like the pre-spawn. Spend as much time on the river as you can. Look for bait after dark, Use some large baits yourself and be patient. If you think an area has flatheads stay put. It might be a slow season but the larger fish can be readily caught.

6. iam2hi2flyinky

iam2hi2flyinky New Member

State:
    kentucky
    i love the forcast i was sick of them 90's and 100's

7. lebeaux

lebeaux New Member

State:
    ohio
    After 20+ years of fall hunting and fishing, the rule I've come to live by is this. Figure out how much clothing you're taking, which should be determined by the forcast, and then add one layer.If you fish from shore and stay close to your vehicle, not quite as important. If you're out in a boat, very important. Despite the warm days and sunshine:big_smile:, this time of year, mother nature can be a killer:sad2:. Invest in a large dry bag. They're not very expensive and have several uses. First off, they can be used as a PFD if sealed up correctly. They also keep your clothes dry. You can keep electronics like cell phones, cameras etc. in 'em too. Even a little tinder in case you do get wet and need to start a fire. I really like the one I purchased several years ago and use it year round. This is the time of year that catches us off guard with temp. If you get wet at night, being able to keep your core temp up may mean the difference between biddin' the world farewell or fishin' another day! GOOD LUCK & STAY WARM:wink:

8. isaiahedwards

isaiahedwards New Member

State:
    Cincinnati.Ohio
    forecast for cincinnati

THURSDAY: Sun & clouds. HIGH: 87

FRIDAY: Sun & clouds. HIGH: 91

SATURDAY: Sun & clouds. HIGH: 92

SUNDAY: Sun & clouds. HIGH: 89

MONDAY: Sun & clouds. HIGH: 90

TUESDAY: Mostly cloudy & cooler. A chance of showers & storms. HIGH: 85

WEDNESDAY: Decreasing clouds. Cooler. HIGH: 80