Ohio water temp

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by maddcatter, Apr 18, 2007.

1. maddcatter

maddcatter New Member

State:
    Newark, Oh
    Anybody now the water temps in the lakes/rivers? Any temps from central to eastern ohio?

2. loanwizard

loanwizard Well-Known Member

State:
    Coshocton,
    When you coming out to fish with us old folks Josh?

We'll be on the water in about 2 1/2 hours on the upper Muskingum and will report back this evening.

3. maddcatter

maddcatter New Member

State:
    Newark, Oh
    When it warms up, I'm game for fishing when ever I can. Just let me know when you want me to go with you.

4. loanwizard

State:
    Coshocton,
    Water was up approx 2 ft on the Muskingum, bait was not cooperating. We went to Dillon caught a 5 gal bucket of shad and got skunked. Water at the dam was 49 degrees. Up by the beach it was 56. We drifted the dam, the point, the tunnel, the beach and still fished the area across from the beach in the channel.

It is coming soon just not now!

5. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    you didn't get a temp. on the muskingum i take it? i saw it was still up today, but slowly getting better it looked like.

6. loanwizard

State:
    Coshocton,
    Strictly a guess, but I'd bet it is right at 49-50 degrees. But, no, we went to Dillon instead.

7. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    thanks shawn i was just wondering. i was gonna drop the boat in this evening, but thought i would wait to see for sure what the temp. was. i think that cheap guage i have isn't real accurate. im gonna wet my boat for the first time tom. afternoon. I'll let you know what i get on the depthfinder.:smile2:

8. cats gone wild

cats gone wild Member

State:
    canal winchester, ohio
    I'm giving the temp a chance to increase. I'm going to hold off until Sunday. My problem is I can't decide where to go. My choices are the Muskingum, Scioto, or Dillon. I have never fished Dillon so it may be between the two rivers.

9. RamRod

RamRod New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I plan on fishing Dillon this weekend if possible.

10. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    Phil thats a real problem you got there lol. Where, where where? Sounds like dillon is the warmest between the two down here. If the sunshine holds then by next weekend the river should be mid to high 50's ( I hope ). It's never too early to get a feel for dillon. I have fished it twice a year for the last few and still can't catch a cat there yet lol. But I never targeted channels so thats probably my problem. Good luck wherever you decide to go.

11. cats gone wild

cats gone wild Member

State:
    canal winchester, ohio
    I guess I'm waiting for someone to post a current temp for the Muskingum. Would I be wasting my time going to the Muskingum for some early season flatheads? If channels is all I'm going to get them there are closer places for me to go fish.

12. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    the temp. this afternoon out of dresden was fluxing between 50 and 52 on my boat. just depending on the area you were in. i would wait for this warm spell, and plan your trip for maybe next weekend.:smile2:

13. cats gone wild

cats gone wild Member

State:
    canal winchester, ohio
    Thanks a bunch for the update Jason. Maybe the next few days will bump it up a degree or two. I still may head to the river,I can do some scouting if the fish won't bite.

14. Ol Whiskers

Ol Whiskers New Member

State:
    Fairfield Township, Ohio
  15. loanwizard

State:
    Coshocton,
    Game on fellas! 57 degrees and change today! Channels were hitting willingly in Wills Creek and on the Muskingum. Got 4 from bait to 8 from 10 am to 1:00pm. 2 biggest at 12:30pm.

Everyone that knows me knows I hate to be cold. I like this daytime fishing thing. Instead of coming home half froze, I came home with no shirt on.

Easy ladies, don't swoon.... Caint touch this! :eek:oooh: :big_smile: :lol:

16. cats gone wild

cats gone wild Member

State:
    canal winchester, ohio
    The Muskingum at Riverside was 55.4 degrees today.

17. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    The main lake at Dillon was between 62 and 65 on sunday. The Muskingum was still 54-55.

18. loanwizard

State:
    Coshocton,
    When you say the main lake, are you speaking of the area by the dam? Wed. it was 49.9 but up by the tube it was 53-55 and up by the beach it was 57.

My stretch of the Musk was 2-3 degrees warmer than yours Sunday :tounge_out:

19. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    Down by the dam it was 62, up near the tunnel it was 65.