Ohio Water Conditions 2008

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by loanwizard, Apr 7, 2008.

1. loanwizard

loanwizard Well-Known Member

State:
    Coshocton,
    I was wondering what ramps were usable this weekend and checked out some and saw that a few others did as well.
    I thought we could devote a little space to keep and eye out and report.

Salt Fork ramp at 541 is easily usable. Water temp 56 Stained and up 4 feet or so.

Muskingum @ Coshocton No access, water didn't even cover the wheels.

Dresden Access if you have the Kahunas, but me.... not in this lifetime.

Dillon?

Ellis?

Feel free to add your own. The Tuscarawas is completely out of it's banks. It is wonderful if you want to fish corn fields.

2. fishhook

fishhook New Member

State:
    Willow Woo
    The Ohio river is out of its banks also with a lot of large trees and other debris in it that makes it a little dangerous to get out there with a boat if you could even find a ramp thats not under water.

3. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    It seems like this is never going to end, they are calling for another 1 to 3 inches of rain later this week...............................man I cant even whine any more I......................nevermind......................:sad2:

4. RamRod

RamRod New Member

State:
    Ohio
    For what it's worth, Buckeye Lake is accessible!:big_smile:

5. cats gone wild

cats gone wild Member

State:
    canal winchester, ohio
    I was able to get on the Scioto River at Circleville on Sunday. The river was up about 5 or 6 ft. and fast, watertemp was 50. Tried it for about an hour and gave up. Way too dangerous! If we don't get as much rain as they are predicting the Scioto may be fishable this weekend.

6. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    Dillon ramp at 146 is OK. You can also launch at Ellis ramp, water is just high.

7. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY

I can vouch with John on this. I was down there on the Ohio side yesterday at the Ironton boat ramp and it was bad! Trees, tires and all sorts of stuff floating down river. The ramp is accessible but not advisable to get out on the river yet esp. with at least 3 more days of rain starting tomorrow to come.
    I also fished at Lake Vesuvius(Ohio) yesterday and it was up and very muddy yesterday. There were several boats out but conditions weren't good for the fish to bite.

8. RiverKing

RiverKing Active Member

State:
    Yellow Spr
    I share your pain Travis..I am wondering if its ever going to end too...Hopefully WV, and PA dont get too much rain up river from us..That will really have it roaring.

9. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    checked on the dresden ramp this afternoon Shawn, its not accessible! maybe by next week sometime, if the water keeps dropping....rollo

10. loanwizard

loanwizard Well-Known Member

State:
    Coshocton,
    I can almost "see" the ramp at Coshocton.... under 6 inches of mud.

I'll call the city tomorrow and inspect a little closer. I am guessing it will be accessible by the weekend.

I will be on the river or the lake this weekend. Who's coming? :wink:

11. BG CAT

BG CAT New Member

State:
    Westerville OH
    I hope to fish the muskingum this weekend.

12. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I have noticed that the ohio river levels have been high

13. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Should be on the river Saturday, was going to go Friday but severe weather and boats don't mix. Its gonna be cold Saturday, but hopefully this strong front doesnt turn off the bite.:roll_eyes:

14. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    Salt Fork water temps on Tuesday were between 58 and 60 degrees. All ramps open.

15. jason454ci

jason454ci Active Member

State:
    Zanesville, Ohi
    Went to Dillon tonight. The lake is at normal summer level and it looks to me that they are gonna hold it there. Ramp on 146 is cleared and good to use. Spillway is still running a little fast right now to be able to fish or get shad. As long as the rain holds off it should slow down in a couple days. The bluegill seem to be biting pretty decent also.

16. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Sounds good Jason thanks for the update. Hopefully it doesnt rain too bad Friday night or Sat. I want to get out bad.

17. bigcat_chaser

bigcat_chaser New Member

State:
    Cincy, Ohio
    The Ohio river is still up and running though the debris appears to be less than it has been lately it still looks pretty ugly around Cincy/ southeast Indiana I sure hope it levels off soon.

18. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY

I think you all up that way are supposed to get the severe weather tomorrow night also. Supposed to be a ton of rain, hail and possibly tornadoes. The forecast showed from this area all the way up there is in the areas to get hit hard. I hope not, me and Crab are supposed to go fishing Sat. morning.
    Good Luck with it and be safe!!!

19. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Hey John

SHUT UP:smile2: I dont need that kind of negative energy:eek:oooh::smile2::wink:

20. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY

Just trying to warn a Brother. I don't want it anymore than you do. I still haven't caught my first cat of the year yet because of this dam weather.:smile2:
    Its driving me crazy, this has been the worst year of catfishing so far that I've ever had!!!:angry: