ohio valley jobs

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by rasmotherman, Aug 3, 2009.

1. rasmotherman

rasmotherman New Member

State:
    salineville, ohio
    are there any jobs in the ohio valley? i found 2 welding jobs today. 1 i do not have the certs they want, it is $10 an hr. the other is a TIG position but it is only $8 an hr. does anyone know of anything? i can commute to youngstown, western pa, northern WV, or steubinville-wheeling area.i can do any manufacturing work, any form of welding (not certified currently), i can run excavator, loader, and about anything with sticks. i have taken coourses in electrical, hydraulics and pneumatics and am pretty good at reading schematics for both....also welding robotics set up and some programming.....i can also run a lawn mower:big_smile: ANYTHING THAT I CAN PAY MY BILLS ON!!!!!!!????????????????
    if anybody hears of openings in any field close to these please pm me. things are getting super tight here and i am ready to get on with my life

2. catfishfearme

catfishfearme New Member

State:
    govecity,ohio
    r them 2 welding jobs up around u? 8 for tig welding, what was the 10 stick or mig?

3. catfishfearme

catfishfearme New Member

State:
    govecity,ohio
    my dad just retied from a place in niles, surely u know of niles have nt u ? the place is called waren fab, they do mostly stick welding, and they do a lot of air arcing, the thing about this place that SUCKS u have to work a year befor u get any benafits

4. Slatebar

Slatebar New Member

State:
    ohio
    Rick, I had to look on the map to see where you are located. I see you are in coal country. Have you thought of trying to get a job in some of the mines the WV/Oh/Pa area. I have been away for a while but I think the last I heard they start you out in low to mid $20's per hr. With OT and holiday work you make what you want. forget what you see in movies, it is a good life. I retired after 34 years from Consol Energy(never worked a day in my life for them, long story) and I think they have a couple mines not far from you. Top of the line benifits also.

5. rasmotherman

rasmotherman New Member

State:
    salineville, ohio
    the 10 was for stick tig mig and was a fab position. it is about an hr away which would hurt but i am still looking into it to see if they would hire then let me re take my certs

6. rasmotherman

rasmotherman New Member

State:
    salineville, ohio
    buckeye has a few mines real close and trying to get in from someone on the inside. i would have to come up with $350 for the class and have to work for a contractor first. i am working on it

7. rasmotherman

rasmotherman New Member

State:
    salineville, ohio
    i can air arc. niles is about an hr and 20 min away. i am going to google it now. thanks

8. waynesburgjay

waynesburgjay New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    They've been hiring some water haulers out in western PA if you got a cdl.
    It's dead around here too.

9. stangcrazy85

stangcrazy85 New Member

State:
    PerryTucky
    dude first 8 an hour to tig F and i mean F that i would have laffed and then punched a mofo in the hair line !!!!!!!! no offense but min wage is close to 8
    i just left a job of 5 years after a 8 month lay off for work in parkersburg
    Rember my good man "no matter how bad you got it somebody always has it worse" "It will get worse before it gets better " Robert Appleman my GrandFather sorry didnt mean to go all sentimental on your ass Keep your head up bro !!!!!!!

10. rasmotherman

rasmotherman New Member

State:
    salineville, ohio
    yeah i laughed when i saw it but at this point i would take 8 an hr working over 11 an hr on unemployment. the drive is just too far to make it viable (unless i move the family under a bridge). something will break soon. ather ventures have hit some roadblocks but we are working through them. i am just getting impatient

11. rasmotherman

rasmotherman New Member

State:
    salineville, ohio
    also no cdl. i have considered that. not sure if i should invest money into getting a cdl when i know it isnt going to be long term. (not my cup of tea) i would rather put money into getting in the mine