Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:wink:Go to www.dnr.state.oh.us and you can take a survey on inland lake and reservoir fishing regulations. You can let them know your favorite fish to fish for catfish. But you will have to write in flathead catfish if you want to let them know your favorite type of cat. And a chance to tell them , what you would like to see changed in regs. A great chance to voice your views on catfish. :wink:

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
That is a good idea about 3 rod limit ... this is also a good place to let them know about wanting Blues stocked in whatever body of water you want .... This is all about inland bodies of water ... so don't know if you want the Ohio stocked would make any difference. ...... Garry-

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Is there only 6 members on this site ,that can express their views for catfish to the ohio dnr. Dont complain later about regs. If you dont get your views to the dnr. ......:beat_shot:

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Just took the survey myself and added in the comments section the opportunity of charging extra money for each rod and reel over 2 up to a maximum of 4-6. I feel this would benefit all of us. Because it would permit us to fish with more than 2 and help bring in needed resources to the DNR.

·
Registered
252 Posts
i already took the survey and stated i believed that ohio should join w.v. and stock blue cats in the ohio river and ohio lakes....i also stated that i believed there should be a law about taking them from the water they are stocked in for atleast the first five years to help sustain a healthy size and breeding perposes of the blue cat....

·
Registered
43 Posts
I just finished the survey, I added that I feel that catfish as a whole need to be treated more like a trophy fish and have stronger regs reguarding size and creel limits. Also said I would like to see Blue cats stocked in ohio lakes as I see them as a potental trophy class fish for ohio anglers to pursue.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I filled out the survey. I'm from Pa. but I spend a lot of time fishing Oh. and I don't mind buying the non - resident lic. even if we also pay property taxes there.

·
Registered
913 Posts
:wink:Go to www.dnr.state.oh.us and you can take a survey on inland lake and reservoir fishing regulations. You can let them know your favorite fish to fish for catfish. But you will have to write in flathead catfish if you want to let them know your favorite type of cat. And a chance to tell them , what you would like to see changed in regs. A great chance to voice your views on catfish. :wink:
nice flat head:big_smile:

·
Registered
913 Posts
I just finished the survey, I added that I feel that catfish as a whole need to be treated more like a trophy fish and have stronger regs reguarding size and creel limits. Also said I would like to see Blue cats stocked in ohio lakes as I see them as a potental trophy class fish for ohio anglers to pursue.
nice fish :big_smile:

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.