ohio survey catfish

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by zcat, Mar 5, 2008.

1. zcat

zcat New Member

State:
    ohio
    :wink:Go to www.dnr.state.oh.us and you can take a survey on inland lake and reservoir fishing regulations. You can let them know your favorite fish to fish for catfish. But you will have to write in flathead catfish if you want to let them know your favorite type of cat. And a chance to tell them , what you would like to see changed in regs. A great chance to voice your views on catfish. :wink:

2. luckey wade

luckey wade New Member

State:
    ohio
    Zcat Thanks,Sounds like a good idea.
    Luckey Wade

3. beetle

beetle New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Thanks for the post Don!

4. rosscatman

rosscatman Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    I just took the survey Don.I might add on the survey on the last question I let them know I feel rod and reel fisherman in ohio should be allowed 3 rods just like the hoosier state has.

5. RetiredToFish

RetiredToFish New Member

State:
    Newark, Ohio
    That is a good idea about 3 rod limit ... this is also a good place to let them know about wanting Blues stocked in whatever body of water you want .... This is all about inland bodies of water ... so don't know if you want the Ohio stocked would make any difference. ...... Garry-

6. mudgut

mudgut New Member

State:
    oh
    thanks for the survey. my question is should there be a bag limit on catfish? and what should it be set at?

7. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I mentioned a three pole stamp also limiting set lines and banning jugging all together.

8. zcat

zcat New Member

State:
    ohio
    Is there only 6 members on this site ,that can express their views for catfish to the ohio dnr. Dont complain later about regs. If you dont get your views to the dnr. ......:beat_shot:

9. maumeeflats

maumeeflats New Member

State:
    ohio
    thanks for the info, i added my 2 cents worth

10. RamRod

RamRod New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Just took the survey myself and added in the comments section the opportunity of charging extra money for each rod and reel over 2 up to a maximum of 4-6. I feel this would benefit all of us. Because it would permit us to fish with more than 2 and help bring in needed resources to the DNR.

11. james_s333

james_s333 New Member

State:
    byesville,ohio
    i already took the survey and stated i believed that ohio should join w.v. and stock blue cats in the ohio river and ohio lakes....i also stated that i believed there should be a law about taking them from the water they are stocked in for atleast the first five years to help sustain a healthy size and breeding perposes of the blue cat....

12. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    I filled it out just now, I put in that I think being able to use more than 2 R/R

13. tspergin

tspergin New Member

State:
    newark ohio
    completed survey,ask for more rods and stocking of inland lakes and rivers with blue cats and flatheads

14. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I just took it..And added in the comments they need to do something about all the bad fishermen catching flatheads and selling them to paylakes.

15. skinner766

skinner766 New Member

State:
    Orrville Ohio
    I just finished the survey, I added that I feel that catfish as a whole need to be treated more like a trophy fish and have stronger regs reguarding size and creel limits. Also said I would like to see Blue cats stocked in ohio lakes as I see them as a potental trophy class fish for ohio anglers to pursue.

16. mrguffy

mrguffy New Member

State:
    Pa.
    I filled out the survey. I'm from Pa. but I spend a lot of time fishing Oh. and I don't mind buying the non - resident lic. even if we also pay property taxes there.

17. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    thanks for the link Don.. I submitted mine. sirens and redlights are probably going off at the headquarters now! They are calling the Nat'l Guard in for assistenace! lol...rollo

18. mariofish

mariofish New Member

State:
    wv
    nice flat head:big_smile:

19. mariofish

mariofish New Member

State:
    wv
    paper cha:wink:

20. mariofish

mariofish New Member