Ohio State vs. a second rate team

Discussion in 'Ersel's Gridiron Talk' started by s_man, Nov 26, 2006.

1. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    So fellas which one loss wonder do we get to pummel? I personally want to play Mich. again. The mich players couldn't even bring themselves to give OSU any props for kicking their a.. Without those 3 turnovers mich wouldn't even be in the game. Bring on those classless losers, Then they will get the beating they should have got on the 18th.

USC? Florida? give me a break, they don't stand a chance, either one of them. This championship is so wrapped up it aint even funny.

2. MattShannon

MattShannon New Member

State:
    WV
    I think your right as bad as I hate to admit it. I'm trying to get over the WVU loss today. Man that hurt, but the team is mostly freshman and sophmore. I can only hope that WVU will be as good one day as the 2006 Buckeyes.

3. rcneman

rcneman New Member

State:
    TN
    Well i am no one special when it comes to college football...but I definitely think that the buckeyes would beat anyone you put in front of them. The only problem i see is th 50 days of not playin a game.

It sure would be nice if they could come up with a viable playoff system...the current system always screws at least one good team and sometimes several.

Take a look at the SEC this year. I would like to have seen USC or Michigan or the Buckeyes have to face Florida, Arkansas, Auburn, LSU, and Tenn on consecutive weeks. Those SEC teams beat the crap outta each other then after all of them sustain a loss or two....they get pushed out of the BCS picture. I only named 5 of the 8 teams that have been ranked in the top 10 this year ( I could be mistaken) outta the SEC.

Back to your point..the Buckeyes are awesome!..hope the layoff doesn't hurt them.

I really haven't watched much football since the big OSU vs Michigan game....how can you have a game any better than that? certainly not in the Pro's...lol

cyas
    rc

4. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    I agree with you.No other team other than Michigan stands a chance against them.Michigan has an outside chance but only if OSU turns it over a bunch again.I got a good feeling they'll play USC,they'll kill them!!!

5. onemorecast

onemorecast New Member

State:
    Moore, Oklahoma
    i have to admitt it, they look pretty unbeatable. Would really like to see them throttle on USC to shut them up.

6. loanwizard

loanwizard Well-Known Member

State:
    Coshocton,
    I am a huge Buckeye fan but don't discount USC. Pete Carroll is 60-3 in the last .... How many years is that? They have speed, we have speed. Kirk Herbstreidt thinks Dwayne Jarrett is the best receiver in college football and he is an OSU Alumnus. If you watched the dismantling of Notre Dame last night, you couldn't help but be let's say, cautiously optimistic.
    I THINK OSU has too many offensive weapons. I don't know if USC can cover 4-5 GOOD receivers at a time. OSU also appears to have a better corp of RB's.

As far as a rematch with Michigan, why? We (OSU) have absolutely nothing to gain and everything to lose in a rematch.

How about a ND v MI rematch?

7. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Ohio State certainly looks good but I would not call them unbeatable. Earlier in the year they barely got by Penn State, a team that has no offense. If Penn State had any offense at all they would have pulled the upset.

8. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    I think Tressel keeps those early games close with his play calling. He does this to give his team the feeling that they can be beat by anyone. This in turn makes them practice and play hard. He likes to give them some adversity so their heads don't get big like a USC or Mich.

Does anyone think those early games would all have been 50 or 60 point blowouts if Tressel would have unleashed the spread and thrown the ball like he did against Mich? The man has a plan and he knows how to win.
    Look out Petey here it comes.

9. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    I think that it is awfully biter to have to swallow all the talk about an unbeatable team, as the first thing that usually happens is they get beat. I think the best match up in the championship game would be OSU and USC. Now, as an OU fan, I can not and will not say I am overly fond of USC, but, I would think they may cause OSU to stub their toe and upchuck all over their fancy buck eyes. Time will tell.

10. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Bring on Michigan, we'll beat em the way we should of the 1st time!!!

11. Bayoubear

Bayoubear New Member

State:
    near that hellhole dallas
    last i saw we've got 3 currently in the top ten, maybe a few more in the top 25.
    florida, arkansas, and THE l.s.u.

tip of the hat to the buckeyes this year and since its not an SEC team in the big dance... ill root for ohio and hope to see the buckeyes beat USC 100 to nothing. but ya kno... even if the buckeys do play and beat usc in the game... those sorry losers will still claim they will share the title with ohio. hahahahahaha

12. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    I'm not saying the Bucks are unbeatable. They just have too many weapons available. Plus they have the Troy factor. He plays his best games in the big ones. I just think USC is a tad overrated. All they have going for them is the whole hollywood USC is god stuff. Give me a break. I had to listen to that drivel last year and the year before. When will the media get on the OSU bandwagon? How many top five teams have they beat this year? Usc will lose rather easily.

13. BigCatSteve

BigCatSteve New Member

State:
    Huber Heights,Ohio
    Every year people talk about the long layoff between the michigan game and the bowl game,well it hasn't hurt the Buckeyes in the past and I dont think it will hurt them this year. This team has an agenda and that is a National Title and no one will stand in thier way, It will be USC after they whooped up on ND saturday night.

14. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    I think you hit it on the head. The 2006 Buckeyes will not be denied this year. They have the best QB, Five 1st string recievers, 2 number one running backs, and more linemen on Off. and Def than they can start. I have never seen an OSU team this good. They aren't cocky or loudmouthed, they just come at you with everything they have. I don't think USC could beat Mich. for that matter. It should be a great game for the faithful,lol.

15. foodsaver

foodsaver New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I think it will be a good game between USC and Ohio State. What I would really like to see is a playoff then we would definately have the 2 best teams in the country playing for it all.

16. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    That would be awesome. OSU vs USC and Notre Dame vs Michigan. Ohio State vs Michigan in the title game. Then we could beat four number 2 ranked teams this year LOL.

17. greg

greg USCA - STAFF Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    GA/ Ia
    I am going to say Ohio State will take it all this year. Michigan is a good team but they got their chance they lost. USC is a good team but i am not sure they should play for the title. Florida, all I can say is "who".

I am a Iowa State Cyclone fan also a lifelong Alabama fan.

Maybe they should just give the title to Ohio State without playing a bowl game saves lots of time.

18. foodsaver

foodsaver New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Notre Dame shouldn't even be in the title discussion just for the record the only reason they are ranked the way they are is the history of the program. As a betting man I would take any of the top ten ranked teams against notre dame and would make a fortune.

19. dahoss2002

dahoss2002 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Sman, I gotta agree with foodsaver. How do u get Notre Dame anywhere close to the top 4??? Just because they played Mich. and USC?? They didnt come close to winning either game. Beware of USC though. Ohio St. is good this year but USC might be a little tougher than Texas and Mich. as well. Only time will tell. By the way. If there was a playoff, then LSU beats Mich in Rose Bowl and faces the winner of Ohio St.- USC. Geaux Tigers!!!!!!!!!!!

20. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    I would have to agree with dahoss ND doesnt deserve to be up there