Ohio state record flathead catfish

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by flathunter, Jun 28, 2009.

1. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Has anyone ever saw a picture of the ohio record flathead? It weighed 76-lbs 6-ounces.

I have saw the picture of the fish, to me it dont look much over 40-lbs, but I know pics can be deceving.

2. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    washington court house,oh
    have never seen it

3. HRCats

HRCats New Member

State:
    Ohio
  4. 320hotrod

320hotrod New Member

State:
    KCMO
    If you follow around where the stomach would be, you can kinda envision it. Not the best of pictures to showcase a fish. However, that walleye is a beauty

5. misterwhisker

misterwhisker New Member

State:
    T. Bowl
    that flat cant be an oz over 40 lbs :crazy:

6. Shad Man

Shad Man New Member

State:
    Tyler, TX
    I agree. The picture makes it look like it could maybe go 50.

7. griz

griz Well-Known Member

State:
    Murray Ky.
    Very hard to judge weight from a picture, but being as that Flathead measured 58 and 5/8 inches I'd say the weight is correct.

8. kitsinni

kitsinni New Member

State:
    Ohio
    No that guy is just 3' tall and 75 pounds. LOL

9. flatheadsteve

flatheadsteve New Member

State:
    Ohio
    its not the best picture of the fish but if you really look at the picture and zoom in you can see the fishes stomach is kinda sank down under water and look at how thick it is at the tail. its hard to judge from a picture tho. :confused2:

10. JBrooks

JBrooks New Member

State:
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Bigger than any fish I've caught, so it's a record in my book. =/

11. flatheadsteve

flatheadsteve New Member

State:
    Ohio
    by the way does anyone have any other info on the fish?? was he fishing for flats or was he just another lucky angler that caught a big fish while fishing for something else?

12. Iowa_Josh

Iowa_Josh New Member

State:
    Central Iowa
    I think it's funny that some clueless editor put a cookbook ad in the middle of an article about state record fish. Really?

13. adamj

adamj New Member

State:
    buckeye land
    Length for that weight works out. That picture shows a fish that is not 76 pounds. Does anyone know of the previous state record flathead?

14. FLATHEAD STEVE

FLATHEAD STEVE New Member

State:
    DESMOINES IOWA
    The walleye looks bigger! BS!!

15. mbill

mbill New Member

State:
    Midvale Ohio
    I totally agree thats no picture of a 76 pound fish or even 58 5/8 inch fish.
    I used the zoom tool on the page,, just a guess but if his hands are say 30 inches apart that would leave another 28 inches of tail left in the water.
    His hand even looks too big against it's mouth / head, unless he has Shaq. sized hands. Not taken anything away from him it's a nice fish just dont think thats the state record fish and if it is someone on here probably has the real State Record. Just my two cents worth.

16. adamj

adamj New Member

State:
    buckeye land
    Yea, it's obvious that fish in the picture is not the 76lber makes me wonder what the previous record was, because that probably is the real state record flathead. Whats up with all of these fake records?

17. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Check out the source for the pic. That is an article from the country Living magazine! Hardly a reliable record keeping publication. That is definitely not the pic that I saw of the record Flathead. Some one made a mistake at the magazine. lol :crazy: