Ohio state record 150lb flathead catfish?

Discussion in 'Flathead Catfish' started by Butchy, Nov 21, 2005.

1. Butchy

Butchy New Member

State:
    Rock Falls, IL
    Hey guys,
    I haven't been on here for while, but I just saw a thread over on the old board where this guy says he caught the new Ohio state and world record flathead weighing 150lbs. Anybody know anything about this? Sorry if this has already been discussed.

2. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I live in ohio, and have not heard anything, does he have any pics

3. tspergin

tspergin New Member

State:
    newark ohio
    dont think it is a true story, I havnt heard anything about a new record

4. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I just checked out that post on the old site, I dont believe it..Now if he produces pics I will change my mind.

5. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    news to me. never seen it nor remember it. there has to be pics and state biological tests to be certified as a world and or state record. and witnesses to boot. has to be weighed on a certified scale too.

6. ohiocattracker

ohiocattracker New Member

State:
    Cincinnati Ohio
    Yea i saw that on old site and asked if it was real or
    joke.

7. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    I saw the same post. Put down my thoughts and the post was zapped. LOL! I kind of responded in a fashion that was condusive with the way he wrote his. LOL!

8. LilRyjoe04

LilRyjoe04 New Member

State:
    Indianapolis,Indiana
    I have never heard of a 100 pound flatty over here in Indy or in Ohio. I think it's a crock of poppy, or also known as a bunch of bologna.LOL :eek:

9. RamRod

RamRod New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I've never heard anything about that.

10. brad kilpatrick

brad kilpatrick New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    ditto... i have not heard any talk of any world record flathead. By the way here in Kansas we are the holder of the current world record flattie @ 123lbs I do belive. anyway is anyone besides me a lil leery of the story of how it got caught? just wanted to get yalls thoughts on this too.

11. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    I am not one to brag so I have kept it quiet all this time. But, I did get this little guy last year. Just dont go telling everyone, I dont want to be bothered. :eek:

12. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    Send the reporters to Tea's house. :eek:

13. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Sure I wont tell anyone...... :0a10: ........psssttt, psssttt.....hey stranger you here about that 150 lb flattie that teaysvalleyguy caught....LOL.....Who me ??? I aint said nothin'..... :0a10: :0a19: :0a1: :0a1:

14. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    Tea, that pic is a fake, LOL!!! Anyone can tell if they look real close, that the shadows are all wrong, LMAO!!! :D :D :D

15. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    :0a5: :happy: :happy:

16. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Shadows or just the fact that I can hold up a 150# flattie with one hand, LMAO.

17. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    I saw that but, I figured you are a big ol'boy so I kinda let that go, LMAO!!!

18. griz

griz Well-Known Member

State:
    Murray Ky.
    The largest Flathead I can find anything about was caught out of the Arkansas River in 1982. It weighed just shy of 140lbs( the scales used weighed in 1/2lb increments). It measured 5 feet 9 inches long and 21 inches from gill plate to gill plate across the top of it head. The fish was caught below Terry Lock and Dam, downstream of Little Rock. Because the Flathead was caught using a snagline it didn't qualify for a record.
    This information came from the Arkansas Spotsman magazine.

19. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I had to go & find the post. There are so many "questionable" things in that post that post. I can't/won't beleive that no matter if there are pics. A 150# Flat from Ohio in NOVEMBER, no pics, nothing noted on ODNR, onesmall one sentence post, etc..... I'm not the kind of guy to call someone a liar, so I won't do that, but in my own humble opinon it's not true. HOWEVER the whole topic was successfull, I mean just look @ all the attention it got! :)

20. Catcaller

Catcaller New Member

State:
    SoutheastKansas
    If there was a new world record flathead...there would be so much publicity and fanfare that there would be no mistake that the record was broken. I have saw when the past world record flats and blues were caught in the newspapers...not to mention InFisherman, Field and Stream, and Outdoor Life. This would certainly be no different.