OHIO--Rocky Fork and Paint Creek Lakes

Discussion in 'MEMBER FISHING REPORTS (BECOME A FISHING LEGEND)' started by tomoryears7919, Mar 23, 2006.

1. tomoryears7919

tomoryears7919 New Member

State:
    Hillsboro, OHIO
    Hello everyone, I just found this sight today and have looked around and it is great. My first post, was just wondering if anyone from ohio fishes at either of these 2 lakes.

2. Catbird

Catbird New Member

State:
    Fayetteville, Ohio
    Welcome Jeremy. I fish Rocky Fork some. We put our pontoon out there every year. I have caught a few cats out of there but mostly go there for the crappie.

3. tomoryears7919

State:
    Hillsboro, OHIO
    Hey Dale, thanks for the welcome! I was out there on my pontoon last year and caught 24 crappie one day. Havent had a whole lot of luck fishing for cats there though. I have better luck at paint creek.

4. Catbird

Catbird New Member

State:
    Fayetteville, Ohio
    Jeremy,
    My largest channel from Rocky Fork was 15# and largest flathead was 14#. The crappie are slow to start there for some reason but once they do, they seem to be everywhere.

5. tomoryears7919

State:
    Hillsboro, OHIO
    Dale, I havent caught a catfish at rocky fork for years, but then again I havent tried. Mostly I go to rocky fork with my family to go out and tube, swim, and cook something on the grill. But I think I am going to start going fishing a lot more this year, mainly if I can get people to go with me.

6. Catbird

Catbird New Member

State:
    Fayetteville, Ohio
    Let me know when you're ready to give it a try. I went out there last night trying to net some shad but no luck.

7. catmanofohio

catmanofohio New Member

State:
    Aberdeen (Southern Ohio)
    Jermy WELCOME i live here in Adams County. Are you any relation to Jim Baker and Ginger Baker in Hillsboro? I fish Rocky some later in the summer and catch a lot of smaller cats.