Ohio river

Discussion in 'ILLINOIS RIVERS TALK' started by howards, Jul 16, 2007.

1. howards

howards Member

State:
    IL.
    Hit the Ohio River at Mound City today...river on a slow fall and the fishing is very slow.

2. catpound

catpound New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I have heard that same, my parents have a cabin by galconda on the ohio river and not many guys are having any luck.

3. howards

howards Member

State:
    IL.
    Catfish still had eggs in them at that time..but after they got off the nest they will go on a feeding beng and the fishing will pickup.

4. TONTO

TONTO New Member

State:
    ILLINOIS
    Howard you need to go back to mounds. I have been told by people who know that the catfish are really biting right now at the barges. Good luck!

5. Flootie16

Flootie16 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Catfishing in good ole Mound City. I hvent fished down there in years. Not since my whole family moved to Indiana when I was a little boy. My grandpa Paul Dover was a huge fisherman from Mound City. Thats all he did was catfish there. And it seemed to never matter, cuz he always had fish. I actually think his name is on the commercial fishermans memorial there on the levee by Crains. Ah good times, hanging out at my aunts drug store and fishing with paupau. I have got to get down that way and fish sometime

6. hawg97

hawg97 New Member

State:
    illinois
    I have never been to mounds city catfishing, any tips on where to go and what to use for bait.

7. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Shannon Welcome to the USCA. You can fish from the bank, located between the two granaries. I like the one to the north best. (Just north of the boat ramp). Cut shad, skipjack, or stink bait will catch you some nice fish. If you can't find the above bait, soak some shrimp in garlic and go catch some.

8. hawg97

hawg97 New Member

State:
    illinois
    thanks mikey, i have a ten year old son and he would love to go down there and catch some fish. i have a 18 foot alweld jon boat. could a guy anchor or attach to the grainery and fish straight down?