Ohio River

Discussion in 'KENTUCKY RIVERS TALK' started by jetdocx, Jun 12, 2007.

1. jetdocx

jetdocx New Member

State:
    Corinth Tx
    Looking for help on the Ohio river in Kentucky. Need a guide. Please PM me if you know of one. Dont care what part just need to learn obout river fishing.

2. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Gene at the KY Gathering they would put the bait (live or cut) about a foot off the bottom them drift. I wasnt able to produce anything but I did get some mega bites. Was using cut skipjack and live goldfish.

3. mlohre

mlohre New Member

State:
    Walton, Kentucky
    welcome to Kentucky. Fishing the Ohio river a good spot to start at is below dams and at mouth of creeks. The next place is find some grain ports, were they unload grain from barges, I know of three by Cincinnati, but you need a boat. also if you can find a resterant on the river fish below them i hear people do well there to. as for bait live or cut shad, creek chubs, blue gill, skip jack are all good baits to use. Good L:0a23:uck

4. Catfishhunter

Catfishhunter New Member

State:
    Lanesville, In.
    Gene, when and where are you wanting to fish?

5. sweeter

sweeter New Member

State:
    Western Kentucky
    Gene, come to Western Ky close to Smithland Dam record catfish have been caught!

6. Skipjack

Skipjack New Member

State:
    LaGrange, Ky.
    Guide info sent , check your personal messages

7. jetdocx

jetdocx New Member

State:
    Corinth Tx
    Thanks everyone for all the help and information

8. antique

antique New Member

State:
    kentucky
    i fish the ohio at uniontown ky.below the dam,pretty good fishing in july and august,seems to be some bigger fish caught in those months.
    i use all shad or skipjack for bait,mostly live bait.
    i catch my bait with casting net or scoop net towed behind my boat.took a 58 pounder there last year on a 10 inch shad.

9. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    Hey Joe, Welcome to the BOC. Glad you could join us Buddy!!!
    There are several of us that live in your area, maybe we can hook-up and do a little fish'n sometime!!!

10. blugill79

blugill79 New Member

State:
    Wisconsin
    Ryang, I am very interested in drifting the Ohio. Curious as how you drift your boat. Bow up river or down river? Any advice on that would be appreciated. Thanks!