Ohio river ???

Discussion in 'KENTUCKY RIVERS TALK' started by kycatman01, Sep 6, 2006.

1. kycatman01

kycatman01 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    My wife, kids, and I are going to the Ohio River tonight. Has anyone been catching anything, lately? What are the catfish hitting on? Thanks in advance!!

2. vlparrish

vlparrish New Member

State:
    Bedford, Kentucky
    Jackie, what part of the Ohio River? My friends, brother and I have been slaying the cats all summer on the Ohio. Just this past holiday weekend we caught over thirty cats. The biggest being a fifty pound flathead my brother caught on Monday night. The flatheads seem to really be productive the last month or more, but the blues are starting to turn on a little more since the water temps dropped. I am fishing the Ohio between Westport and Markland dam. Vern

3. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    Hi Jackie, I don't fish the Ohio River But Them Boys that do have really been getting some Hogs! Have You seen some of them pictures of those fish?I Think I have Finally figured out what there secret is! I Belive that them Boys have developed some sort of fish horn, You know sorta like a duck call or something like that Cause most of them hunt Ducks and thats where they came up with the idea I belive. any way I think when they get out on the river and all set up and no ones around they get this fish horn out and start useing it and it brings them big blues and flats right on in. In fact I'll bet there not even useing there rods to get um probably just jump right in the boat.Them pictures of them holding the fish in one hand and a rod in the other is just to fool the rest of us into thinking that they were useing there rods to catch um! So anyway the other night when the wife was sleeping real good I slipped out to the garage and Took the horns off her car(hope she don't miss um) and I've been working on building Me one of these fish horn calls,just about done and fixing to get out on the river(missouri River) and give it a try. And if it works real good I will make a post with all the design specifications and youall can build one.Maybe even get it posted in the Libary.You Know anything for the Brotherhood. See all of you at the National Gathering Your Frind J.D.:big_smile:

4. kycatman01

kycatman01 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Jd, you may be right about the horn.:lol: They sure know something I don't know. I fish at Maysville, Ky( by the Bridge that crosses over into Ohio). Since people have been doing so good, maybe the bite will continue. Thanks for the responses!!

5. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

:lol: :lol: :lol: John, you should have saved this one for the national. I can just hear you tellin' it now! Already finding this story humorous, I started thinking about some of the BOC's most renowned Ohio River fishermen, i.e. Deerhunter01, vlparrish and ka_c4_boom (the Parrish bros) and Riverking. Imagining any of them with one of these fish horns of yours just cracked me UP! Thanks for the laugh, Mr. Straka, and have a wonderful day! Catgirl

6. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    lmao yall aint rite , but seriously iv been fishing so much im starting to think or is that stink like a fish lol

7. mlohre

mlohre New Member

State:
    Walton, Kentucky
    i have been having some luck below MArkland dam with skip jack. cauth blues and channels no flats yet. hope to change that this friday night.

8. kycatman01

kycatman01 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    I just wanted to let everyone know that I caught 2 Bluecats at the Ohio River last night. One was 1 # and the Other was 9 #. I will post a pic of the 9 # one as soon as possible. I have alot of things going on right now.

9. vlparrish

vlparrish New Member

State:
    Bedford, Kentucky
    Good catch, Jackie. Vern