Ohio river

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by dad, Aug 6, 2006.

1. dad

dad New Member

State:
    west virginia
    my son and i fished the ohio last night in the new martinsville area we caught 2 channel cats and 4 flatheads . the flats weighed 7.8 lb 11.6 lb 14.5 lb and 25.2 lbs . all were caught on gills. all were released........

2. kycatman01

kycatman01 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    great fishing! looks like you had nice night. i hope to go back tto the ohio river soon and lock into some big-uns.

3. billcatfish

billcatfish New Member

State:
    evansville Ind
    nice fish thanks for the catch an release hope you have many more

4. Spencer_Blanton

Spencer_Blanton New Member

State:
    Franklin, Ohio
    Bigones and I gave the Ohio River a try near Cincinnati Friday night. We used bullheads and bluegills. Nothing. Nada. Zip.

We did about sink Tim's boat because we forget to put the plug in. He was ankle deep in water before he fit the plug in. It was one hell of a way to spend out last fishing trip before he moves.

~Spencer

5. bigcat_chaser

bigcat_chaser New Member

State:
    Cincy, Ohio
    Well dont feel lonesome we fished for about7 hours caught 1 small flattie about 2 lbs but we did remember the boat plug lol have had that happen before water is really cold at 6:00am when you jump in to keep from sinking, hopefully fishing will pick up as weather cools just a little

6. Jammer

Jammer New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Sounds like a fun time. I hope to get down there in the fall.

7. Abu65

Abu65 Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I fished for 4 or 5 hours Wed. night caught 1 channel about 3 lbs., I found alot of fish deep on some qaulity structure but they just wouldnt commit.

8. fitzytbone1

fitzytbone1 New Member

State:
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    I was fishing with Bengalfan79 on monday and we caught six, but i went out on wednesday from 7-4:30am with some other people and we caught a 12oz. channel and a turtle...we had 8 poles running so it was quite a dissapointing night...btw i'm a newbie around here and can't wait to get to know you all better...good luck out there!!!

9. Jammer

Jammer New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Welcome to the BOC, Mike.

10. RiverKing

RiverKing New Member

State:
    Yellow Spr
    Nice fish glen, i will be going down there tonight, so hopefully i will be able to find a few of them myself

11. duxsrus

duxsrus New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Good luck tonight. I just got the green light to go but it's too late to do anything now. I don't really like taking the boat out on the river by myself. Post up how you did.

12. bigcatJoe

bigcatJoe New Member

State:
    indiana
    Sound like you had a good time.

13. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    Glen, im only about 18 miles north of New Martinsville. Maybe we can meet and do some fishing together sometime.

14. RamRod

RamRod New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Awesome job brother! Good to see ya practicing CPR!