OHIO RIVER

Discussion in 'KENTUCKY RIVERS TALK' started by BIGCAT GarryEads, Jul 30, 2009.

1. BIGCAT GarryEads

BIGCAT GarryEads Head Cheese of the USCA!

State:
    Francisco Ind
    Hey Guys, is there a lot of stuff coming down the river ??Or can we fish it at night?? I am looking at this weekend.

BIGCAT GarryEads

2. johndeere nut

johndeere nut New Member

State:
    oldham county,kentucky
    i dont know about this week last sunday there was th occasional floating log not a whole lot but i would say this weel the stick ups and some of the large trees that have been visible are probably not visible this week so be carefull. im going to try it this weekend to. probably best to stay in the main channel as much as possible:roll_eyes:

3. o'boro cat hunter

o'boro cat hunter New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Have'nt seen much in my neck of the woods.:big_smile:

4. tswebb71

tswebb71 New Member

State:
    So. IL
    Gary, I was on it this p.m. and there was quite a bit of trash. Be careful and go SLOW if you fish at night.

5. biga

biga Well-Known Member

State:
    evansville
    you do any good scot? i fished about 8 hours this morning and didnt get a bite.... river was screaming at 3.5mph current and had lots od wood coming down the river and some whole trees coming down in the evansville-henderson area!!:crazy:

6. tswebb71

tswebb71 New Member

State:
    So. IL
    I was fishing for bait for tomorrow. caught 3 blues while I was skippy fishing. nothing big though all around 7 lbs.

7. biga

biga Well-Known Member

State:
    evansville
    do any good on the skipjack?

8. river1214rat

river1214rat New Member

State:
    West Point, KY
    On the lower gauge of the Ohio she looks to be about ready to crest at 27.09 ft. river looks swift and muddy. This afternoon, there were alot of trees coming out of the Salt River and debris in the channel. For anyone fishing this week-end, please be careful as there seems to be large drift right under the water which surfaces ever so often. Take care!! :tounge_out:

BE SAFE...

LINDA

9. tswebb71

tswebb71 New Member

State:
    So. IL
    Adam: I caught about 10 in three hours. The muddy water was making it tough.:eek:oooh: