OHIO RIVER

Discussion in 'INDIANA RIVERS TALK' started by whiskers67, Mar 3, 2009.

1. whiskers67

whiskers67 New Member

State:
    california
    I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA AND HAVE FRIENDS IN INDIANA,IN JUNE WERE GONNA FISH THE OHIO RIVER FOR A WEEK. WE WILL BE MAKEN OUR OWN WEIGHTS AND TILTEN A FEW FROSTIES BACK BUT IM JUST NOT SURE ABOUT HOOK SIZES.ANY KIND OF INFO WILL HELP.

2. SkiMax

SkiMax New Member

State:
    Rising Sun, IN
    Welcome to the BOC! What species are you mainly going to be targeting? For channels or smaller flats and blue I would use like a 6/0 hook. If you wanting to chuck some big baits out there and go after a monster I would look into a big circle hook, like a Gama 8/0 Octopus circle or the Eagle Claw King Kahle in a 9/0 or 10/0

3. katfish ken

katfish ken New Member

State:
    Paintsvill
    Most everyone uses 8/0 or bigger in The Ohio. There are plenty of fish that can be caught on 8/0 to 10/0 in The Ohio. I use 8/0 Gama ccircle and have caught fish as small as14 or 15" on them.

4. BIGCATFISH64

BIGCATFISH64 New Member

State:
    Muncie,Indiana
    :0a22:He hit it right on the button, ever since I switched to the Gamakatsu hooks I've hooked more fish, they are super sharp, but hey this is only one mans opinion!

5. biga

biga Well-Known Member

State:
    evansville
    what area of the ohio will u be fishing?

6. Flootie16

Flootie16 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    gotta go with the gamma 6/0 7/0 pr 8/0 octopus cirlce. i live and die from those hooks. i prefer the 6 cuz if the smaller fish are in there you can set the hook on them just as well as if it were a big fish

7. Whiskerstalker

Whiskerstalker New Member

State:
    Hamilton County Indiana
    Any size from 8/0 - 10/0 would work well.

8. catfishcatcher

catfishcatcher New Member

State:
    indiana
    Hey bigcatfish 64, nice picture in your avatar! Thats catfishcatcher, bigcatfish64 and whiskers67 from last spring on the wabash. Nice vacation trip!!!!!!!!!