Ohio River winter fishing

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by RiverKing, Jan 2, 2008.

1. RiverKing

RiverKing Active Member

State:
    Yellow Spr
    Anyone been out on the Mighty Ohio lately, and doing any good...I am long over due for a trip to the river, i havent been out in about a month...I will be heading down this weekend, dont know where I am going to launch, may try to get into a tourny down in Madison.

2. biga

biga Well-Known Member

State:
    evansville
    i have been out a few times this week but i spent more time playing with my new lowrance x135 than fishing.. only landed a few dinks...

3. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    haven't been out fishing lately for cats, goodluck to you if you get in the tourney matt, let us know how you do...rollo

4. CincyCat

CincyCat New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Riverking - I've been out in the Ohio a few miles east of cincy a few times over the last 2 weeks, but the river was flowing hard and higher on most of my trips. My last day out was Newyears Eve and I did catch a couple blues in the high teens (see thread: Newyears eve). I'm sure you know the river is going to be down to 28 or so by Saturday, but a slow drop, so I expect the cats to be active this weekend. I will be out there too!

The public landing behind US Bank Arena should be open for launching.

The marinas were full of shad before the cold hit and should still be.

Good luck and let me know if you need anything else.

5. adam2

adam2 New Member

State:
    ky
    went out 12-31 at madison with friend who was nice enough to take me out. he caught one channel and hybried and i caught a carp. Not the best day but a good day to be out fishing.

6. biga

biga Well-Known Member

State:
    evansville
    welcome to the boc adam ... if you would post an introduction so we can all get to know you!!

7. e'villeman

e'villeman New Member

State:
    Evansville, Indiana
    grattzz Biga you finding anything with that new Depthfinder?:wink:

8. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Welcome Adam...Man Matt I bet you have a nrevous twitch with it being a month since you got out!:eek:oooh: I want to get out somewhere just dont know where yet. Hope you tear'em up. We went out a couple weeks ago and put in at Tanner's, beautiful day to fish but the river had other ideas. So much current we couldn't even anchor up, and 6oz of sinker would come right to the top of the water, but we were marking 2 and 3 big fish, probably blues stacked up right on top of each other all up and down the river, just couldn't get still to fish them..:angry: Hit Aberdeen last weekend with nothing to show for, it should be a good weekend to fish. GOOD LUCK:wink:

9. Skipjack

Skipjack New Member

State:
    LaGrange, Ky.
    Welcome to the family Adam......Glad you made it!

10. prostreetS10

prostreetS10 New Member

State:
    ohio
    I've been fishing the ohio quite a bit the last couple weeks. Catching alot of nice blues not huge. Biggest last time out was 18lb blue.

11. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Man I dont go to the river for 1 week and I have serious withdrawls! Its time to hit the river again soon...Its also time apparently for the high's in the afternoon to be a whopping 20 degrees..:crazy: