Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im new to fishing the Ohio River but Im learning fast this will be my first spring fishing it. I just started using skipjack last summer and have been killing the catfish with them. I just have a question for all that fish the Ohio River do you use skipjack all year or do you use shad at a certain time of the year. Normally I will only go out with one or the other. If you guys would could you tell me what kind of baits you use at certain times of the year I would appreciate it.

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
i try to get all 3 skips, shad and bluegill.... in the heavy cover i really like the gills or live shad as second choice if im fishing for blues i am using skipjack and shad both if possible.. sometimes one catches fish and the other wont!!!

·
Registered
9,715 Posts
I like Bluegill best for year around. My second would be skippies and then shad. Those are the 3 main baits I use in the Ohio year around.
The Gills and the Gill heads produce real well for Flatties in the Summer and year round for me.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.