Ohio river trip

Discussion in 'KENTUCKY RIVERS TALK' started by allflats, Aug 2, 2007.

1. allflats

allflats Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Went up ohio river last night.Moon was out bright and not a single bite!Anyone else have luck lately?

2. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Things have been slow here in western Pa. The rivers are running real low and the Cats have been tough!:sad2:

3. neocats

neocats New Member

State:
    Steubenvil
    I went out at Steubenville last night too. Caught one small Flattie about 3 pounds. Only stayed till 10PM.

4. iam2hi2flyinky

iam2hi2flyinky New Member

State:
    kentucky
    what part of the ohio you fishing?

5. duckbuster

duckbuster New Member

State:
    Ballard Co., Kentucky
    I got out yesterday on the Ohio just above where it meets the Mississippi. Only got to fish about an hour due to some unforseen circumstances but managed to end up with an 18lb blue and a 13lb blue.

6. allflats

allflats Member

State:
    Kentucky
    We put in at Agusta in NKY.Sometimes fish just below the park,but lately we have been going up river to deeper water looking for flatheads.

7. Flootie16

Flootie16 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    went out last night and caught 2 blues in the low 20's and a flat that was about fifteen. I caught 6 channels that wouldve went at least 6. i caught all of them across from petersburg KY about twenty miles from cincinnati at the power plant in lawrenceburg IN. Caught all of them in about 40 foot of water

8. fishassasin

fishassasin New Member

State:
    Evansville, Ind
    nice reports everyone ... thinking about trying it up here in evansville this evening. gonna try and find some skip jack or herring to fish with as bait

9. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Whats the bite like on the Ohio "normally" this time of year?

I don't know if you guys are facing the same drought we are, but our river flow is way off and affecting the bite here.

10. Flootie16

Flootie16 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    the only "bite" i have had in the last week or so of fishing is me eating chips. the bite is so hit and miss right now that it isnt funny. one day they bite well the next several....nothing