Ohio River Trip This Winter!!!

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by catfishrollo, Oct 16, 2009.

1. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Well, I was gonna try to make another trip to the James this winter. But, I think I will save some money and head down to the Cincy area to finally meet up with you folks and hopefully catch some good blues! This will be a new way of fishing for me, and look forward to learning how you boys drift them "over-sized channels"!:wink: That was for you Travis!:smile2: Probably make a 4 or 5 day trip out of it, and will bring my boat unless someone can fish 4 or 5 straight days with me on their boat. Will need to figure out the bait situation as well! Not sure on the dates yet, but will try to plan the trip during the prime bite! Let me know when I should try for this, and any help will be appreciated! Thanks... rollo

2. jwfish

jwfish Member

State:
    columbus ohio
    Hey Jason I am thinking of heading to the ohio river this winter too but got to hit the james in november first,mabe hook up and do some fishing this winter.Hard to find a fishing partner December-March.I have fished cinci a few times and bait you can find in the creek mouths discharges and harbor mouths with a throw net.

3. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Sounds like a heck of a plan! Too bad I can't swing a James trip with ya also!:smile2::roll_eyes: rollo

4. Catfish_Rob

Catfish_Rob New Member

State:
    Cincinnati, OHIO
    Hell if you guys come to Cincinnati, I will come fishing. I am a shore fisherman though. I could use some tips. I have always wanted to take a trip to the Meldahl dam.

Catfish Rob

5. Salmonid

Salmonid New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Hey if you come down, you knwo there are a few of us who always can at least tell you the conditions and where to get bait at about any time, Bait is starting to get a bit thin here since the cold spell hit but still around, just have to work a bit harder to find em. Perhaps you could line up several day trips with local guys during the week and just leave your boat at home, that way you get to see how everyones rig is set up. I know I can get out some durring the week as can a few of these other guys, might just work out for you.
    Salmonid

6. fishmonster13

fishmonster13 Member

State:
    cincinnati,ohio
    I still have a couple of days vacation left this year and will have a couple of weeks starting in january. I usualy have an open seat on my boat

7. kitsinni

kitsinni New Member

State:
    Ohio
    We have so many of us down here fishing that river I think there is always one of us out there.

8. eric2006

eric2006 New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    im wanting to hit the james river sometime, maybe on one of the fishing guides because i havent fish much on any rivers:confused2:

9. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Look foward to seeing you down here Jason. Usually in the winter time I am not drifting much, if at all simply because the river is up and crankin. Typically I love to fish the Dec-Jan months right in the peak of the winter pattern, fish become very predictable as long as the weather stays consistant.

Days off during the week for me are nearly impossible, hopefully you will start or end your trip during the weekend so I can take you out personally. See ya in the snow!:smile2::wink:

10. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Snow, Rain, Sleet Bro! It's all an avid cat guy knows! LOL.. Elements aren't a issue for me. I hunt, work outside etc. I will try to schedule a weekend trip for the start of it... rollo

11. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Sounds great Mark! I need to get a plan together and go from there.. I will let everyone know, then whoever is available to fish can let me know. Thanks everyone for the offers and invitations.... rollo

12. Golden

Golden New Member

State:
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Im always down for a outing weekend or weekday don't matter i make time! Just let all of us know when

13. catcrazed

catcrazed New Member

State:
    ohio
    aaawwww, to bad. We'll all be thinkin boutcha though lil buddy:smile2:. You know Im kiddin dude. Don't get mad, we have to get along for the 2morrows fishin trip. get lippy i bring no skippie. HEHEHE. I crack myself up. Anyways rollo, By the time you come the grass will be done growing and I will have nothing better to do than fish EVERY DAY so get ahold of me man!! Every day, I cracked myself up again........................... Sorry guys, Im just so funny.:tounge_out:

14. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    See if I had my own company, I would hire one of my best fishin buddies, but thats just me. Some people are just jerks I guess!:smile2:

15. catcrazed

catcrazed New Member

State:
    ohio
    Oh come on now boy, you aint got it so bad. Anybody who is sponsored by the one and only steve douglas "monster rod holders" is got a great life.:big_smile: Besides Id hate to make a worker out of ya boy. :wink:

16. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    get lippy i bring no skippy! LMAO!! What if I want to bring ole Skippy?:smile2::roll_eyes::wink: He has weekends off now..... rollo

17. stangcrazy85

stangcrazy85 New Member

State:
    PerryTucky
    damn you scuba steve i still have to work 4 10's and i hear we are starting up 2 12 hr shifts hurry up snow i want a big blue damn this sucks

18. pendog66

pendog66 New Member

State:
    Brookville OH
    i will be the guy on the boat ramp holding a sign that says "Got Bait":smile2: