Ohio River Spots

Discussion in 'LOCAL KENTUCKY TALK' started by Top_Of_The_South, Aug 22, 2009.

1. Top_Of_The_South

Top_Of_The_South New Member

State:
    Brandenburg, Kentucky
    I have heard of people fishing near lg&e in louisville. If anybody has any info on this i would appreciate it. thanks.

2. Cherokee

Cherokee New Member

State:
    Salyersville,Ke
    Welcome to the BOC !!

3. Flamekeeper

Flamekeeper New Member

State:
    Louisville, Ken
    Welcome to the boc John,,,I have a Brother down on 19th and he fishs witha longtime Ohio/louisville area guy and he's has never mentioned the LGE spot, Wher are you talking about ..Could it be down over/behind the McAlpine locks(fishermans walk) All the way back in the area just behind the Hydro plant?.

If so you can catch fish there.

4. Top_Of_The_South

State:
    Brandenburg, Kentucky
    Thanks guys. I could be mixed up. But i have heard some guys mention they fish an area near LGE where warm water pours into the Ohio. Probably have my wires crossed. lol pretty sure they said to put in at salt river and head upriver and it will be on the kentucky side. Does anyone kno of a place similar to this.

5. Flamekeeper

Flamekeeper New Member

State:
    Louisville, Ken
    It's where I discribed it would be..26th northwestern Pkway, go into the parks entrance and follow on to the right under the Hwy, then go left and cross RRtracks and take the left up over the bridge and follow all the way back and park on left.You will see the Fishermans Park walk-way Make sure you Lock your vehicle up tight and keep things out of sight.:eek:oooh: Because you might not have it when you get back..

Follow the path on down to the river and go right to the hydro, but you can fish the whole strech right their and catch fish:wink:.

6. Jeremy Sheffey

Jeremy Sheffey New Member

State:
    Columbus, Ohio
  7. Top_Of_The_South

State:
    Brandenburg, Kentucky
    Thanks Im gonna have to check that out. So you say you can fish the whole stretch from the bank?

8. Flamekeeper

Flamekeeper New Member

State:
    Louisville, Ken
    Yep from the hydro on down and around to the discharge of the locks,, probaly a 1/2 mile of bank or better:wink:.sooner or later you'll hang into a hog. they are there, you just have to fish it hard:cool2:

9. Titus

Titus New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, Ky
    Dont know about LG&E, but last Fri. I put in at Cox's Park and went up around 6 mile island and did ok. We caught as many Gar as catfish though:angry:. I caught one (Gar) in my cast net and he put a hurtin on it.

10. johndeere nut

johndeere nut New Member

State:
    oldham county,kentucky
    hey titus im thinkin bout putting in at coxs park have you ever had any trouble with people messin with your vehicle ther i usually put in at westport but cox park is closer and i want to try a different stretch of river and would save some boat gas not having to boat from westport all the way down to cox park. thanks :big_smile:

11. Skipjack

Skipjack New Member

State:
    LaGrange, Ky.
    Brian, I would not leave your truck and trailor at Cox's park after dark. There is a private ramp behind Captains Quarters, on Harrods creek. They charge 5.00 to put in. You can net Shad in the creek. Just drive through the entrance to C.Q. and go straight back to the ramp.

12. Flamekeeper

Flamekeeper New Member

State:
    Louisville, Ken
    I agree 100%, You leave it down there,and you might find it on blocks when you get back:eek:oooh: minus the radio,and anything else that could be sold:crazy:

13. johndeere nut

johndeere nut New Member

State:
    oldham county,kentucky
    thanks guys i didnt think it would be a good place to leave it but wasnt sure i have heard of putting in at captains quarters i will just do that and im guessing there is plenty of parking does it get busy down there:big_smile:

14. skippi2use

skippi2use New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I have put in there 5 or 6 times at coxs park. Never had any prob. and seemed to be pretty well patrolled but if you can put in some place private for five bucks I would do it. I do love that stretch of river from the dam up two 12 mile island. there is a really good stretch of river just across from coxs park.

15. Titus

Titus New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, Ky
    I didn't have any problems and left it there till 4:00 am. Its a big ramp and park so theres alot of activity around, thats good and bad though. I've never tried the private ramp, but may in the future, because it sounds closer to the area I like to fish.

16. Catfishhunter

Catfishhunter New Member

State:
    Lanesville, In.
    My friends and I put in at Cox's park all the time and we haven't had any problems.

17. Skipjack

Skipjack New Member

State:
    LaGrange, Ky.
    Maybe things have changed at Cox's park. About three years ago, someone took the rollers off of my trailer. There is a reason that it is well patrolled.

18. johndeere nut

johndeere nut New Member

State:
    oldham county,kentucky
    i remember it used to be a bad place to go but maybe things have changed dont know but for my money think i will still put in at the private ramp friend of mine says its not very busy there

19. Scorpion

Scorpion New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I have put in at Cox's Parl maybe 50 times. I have put in as late as 2:00am and have stayed over night many times with no problems. There is a Police Station directly across river rd from the park.:big_smile:

20. Flamekeeper

Flamekeeper New Member

State:
    Louisville, Ken
    Yeah I forgot all about that little station:smile2: That helps; But they still have a bunch of thieves running around