Ohio River Rise Report

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by Martin Rhodes, May 6, 2009.

1. Martin Rhodes

Martin Rhodes New Member

State:
    Murfreesboro, Tn
    Anyone know how high the river at this time. Myself and some friends are planning a trip this weekend.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. !

Thanks,

Martin

2. tunacat

tunacat New Member

State:
    Ohio

3. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    What pool are you planning on fishing?

4. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Martin,

May be bad news for ya, but the river in Cincinnati is supposed to crest at 44ft and stay there through the weekend. Thats about 18ft over normal pool, might not be the best weekend to head this way, the Meldahl pool will not be as high, but the current will be rippin over 300kfs...

5. kitsinni

kitsinni New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I was surprised to see it that high. We really have not gotten that much rain for it to rise 12+ feet in a week. How does it end up that high was there a lot more rain north?

6. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Yeah man, gotta remember all the smaller rivers that go into other rivers, that eventually dump into the Ohio. Plus all the rain in PA, WV, its a vicious cycle....lol I will probably hit the Meldahl pool Saturday up around maysville, will be ripping but dropping throughout the day....be eddy huntin...lol

7. Garrett Cope

Garrett Cope New Member

State:
    Columbus Ohio
    We got quite a bit of rain this week up here. The Scioto was raging and you know what it dumps into....not to mention all the other tributaries that dump into the BIG O. Hope you guys down that way find some good fishing somehow anyway this weekend.Good luck!