Ohio River Ripley Area?

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by CatFuStyle, Jun 25, 2009.

1. CatFuStyle

CatFuStyle New Member

State:
    Xenia, Ohio
    A buddy of mine wants to make a trip down to that area, is there any suggestions as this would be my first trip to this area on the Ohio River, not looking for secret spots or holes, just tips on basic normal things or if this area is even productive, any information will be greatly appreciated...

Thanks,

Brandon aka CatFuStyle

2. Salmonid

Salmonid New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Boat or bank???
    bank fishing, Id hit the Little 3 mile discharge ( Aberdeen) if by boat, it would depend if you were looking for blues, a few around but not thick. If its channels you are looking for, Id fish shallow current seams < 20 ft deep and around wood. For flatties, Id definately night or early morning fish and try to target slack water area with wood around them

Good luck, Salmonid

3. jeremiad

jeremiad Well-Known Member

Name:
    Unspecified
    My grandfather used to live in Ripley. He would always fish up Eagle Creek. You would be amazed at the size of the cats quite a way back from the Ohio River.

4. CatFuStyle

CatFuStyle New Member

State:
    Xenia, Ohio
    Thanks fellas, yeah we will be bank fishing and it will be an all nighter, we are taking various baits and will be trying for flats and blues and channels, once again thanks for the info...