Ohio River reports?

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by Mr Twister, May 23, 2007.

1. Mr Twister

Mr Twister New Member

State:
    Toronto, OH
    Anyone catching anything right now. Water seems way low and no one here in Toronto has reported catching ANYTHING...what about you guys?

2. RiverKing

RiverKing Active Member

State:
    Yellow Spr
    We have been tearing them up in the markland pool. Have had a few 20 fish nights. Nothing real big yet, but have been catching alot of fish.

3. metalman

metalman Well-Known Member

State:
    IN
    Name:
    Winston
    Just spent 3 days on the Cannelton pool fishing out of Derby, IN
    The fish were biting well even though the river dropped steadily while we were there. Caught loads of channels, some nice blues and even flats all on skipjack and all during the day....W

4. bigcatman

bigcatman New Member

State:
    Ashville, Ohio
    just the other weekend we fished the raeince dam in the scour hole thingy and cought a lot of nice channels and i got a run but never found out what it was and a lot of stripers to go a long with that

5. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    Them stripers would make great flathead baits. lol

6. RiverKing

RiverKing Active Member

State:
    Yellow Spr

Yeah it seems like the fish have been biting better during the day so far. I have been out twice at night, and numerous times during the day, and i have caught alot more fish during the day than i have at night time.

7. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    I've been trying to hit different spots on the Ohio river & back water from Ashland,KY to West of Ironton,OH. Found several nice spots and had pretty good action every time we've went.Biggest flattie so far was a touch under 7lbs and biggest channel was 4-5lbs. I've only caught the 1 channel but caught lots of flatties,gills(bait),stripers,drum,crappie and my buddy had a couple of huge turtles on but broke the line.
    Went down to Greenup Locks and there has been too many people to even think about trying it there.
    If any of you all get down this way,PM me and we'll get together. I'm stuck to bank fishing but would share my spots with the 'Family'...:roll_eyes::lol: