Ohio River Report

Discussion in 'INDIANA RIVERS TALK' started by SkiMax, Feb 17, 2008.

1. SkiMax

SkiMax New Member

State:
    Rising Sun, IN
    Went out for the afternoon today. It was about 50 degrees, rainy, and high winds (50mph gust). Got set up at the first spot and immediately got a decent channel. The fish kept coming all day. Ended up with 10 fish. I struck out on the size factor though, biggest being about 12 pounds.

I was fishing washout and scour holes in 25-35 feet of water. My most productive bait of the day was skipjack fillets but live shad about 4 inches also were very successful.

Unfortunately i left the camera at home, so no pictures from this trip, but everybody should get out, this warm air seemed to turn them on. They were hitting hard and frequently.

2. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Thanks for the report, sounds like a fun day fishing in spte of the winds.

3. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Thanks, i'll manage to get to the water sometime soon i hope. Stinkin winter has lasted long enuff.

4. biga

biga Well-Known Member

State:
    evansville
    what area of the ohio were you fishing? the river is still 20' above pool here and on a hard fall so i havent even thought about trying it....

5. rspd507

rspd507 New Member

State:
    Rising Sun,IN
    Max,
    Did you fish locally today? I saw someone out today fishing a nice eddy hole a couple mile south of Rising Sun but didnt recognize the boat. Thanks for the report. I made it out yesterday but the bite was really slow then, maybe its starting to turn on again. rspd507

6. jason berry

jason berry New Member

State:
    Evansville
    The river is to bad here right now. I will usually go out in moderate weather but not with what we have been having. Congrats on your catch.

7. Ulikedew

Ulikedew New Member

State:
    Georgetown IN
    I went down to the river at the New Albany ramp Friday and saw way to much junk on the river.Ended up counting 6 barrels floating by in a 15-20 time span.The markings on the bridge was at the 50 mark.

8. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    A good day for sure, wish I had time to get out.

9. WillyZ

WillyZ New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Sounds like fun...we had a decent day in VA Sat, just nothing big. Congrats!

WillyZ

10. Reel_Blues

Reel_Blues New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Thanks for sharing Max sounds like you had a good day congrats.

11. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    That sounds like an excellent day for Feb. Congrats on the good fish and get that camera in the boat.

12. catfishcrazy256

catfishcrazy256 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    sounds like a guud dat Max .except for the wind !

13. SkiMax

SkiMax New Member

State:
    Rising Sun, IN
    Yeah that was me. Did ya beep because I had a couple people honk as they were passing and i just thought they were letting me know I was an idiot :big_smile:

We fished that scour hole you saw me at (remain annonymous) and they were there, thick. We couldn't keep poles in and each dropped down to two poles to slow the bites and hook up. They were stacked at the very front edge of the scour hole getting outa the current so we just use drop rigs with 7-10 oz of weight and dropped straight down on them. Let me know if you wanna get out sometime ross! We marked some nice arcs that looked like good fish, just didn't hook any of them up, but they are there!

I'm back living in town now so get used to seeing that boat out! :cool2:

14. rspd507

rspd507 New Member

State:
    Rising Sun,IN
    Max, Ive had alot of success at that spot this year myself. Vern and I fished it a few days ago with him catching several with the biggest being an 18 pound blue. Yeah, we could hook up sometime and go out and maybe fish a tournament together this year. Ross

15. hdfatboy29

hdfatboy29 New Member

State:
    indiana
    thanks for the info max glad ya had a good time

16. soljahd

soljahd New Member

State:
    Indiana
    yea nice info nice to know the bite turning on

17. RiverKing

RiverKing New Member

State:
    Yellow Spr

Good to here from you Max, hows it been going..Glad you got out and caught some fish buddy..I will probably see you on the river this year if your back in town..

18. soljahd

soljahd New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Any updates this week looking to head out tomorrow.