Ohio River report

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by RiverKing, Aug 28, 2006.

1. RiverKing

RiverKing New Member

State:
    Yellow Spr
    Me and BigCat72 hit the river on saturday night...And it was real tought fishing..The river was basically like a big pond..No current at all...Anyways, we caught about 5 cats...4 channels, and i baby flathead..2 channels around 9 lbs, and one around 13..Nice channels, but we werent able to hook into any big blues or flats...Oh well, there is always next time...:roll_eyes:

2. kycatman01

kycatman01 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    That is still some nice fishing! I know you usually do better, though. Maybe better next time. Thanks for sharing!!

3. IL_CATFISH

IL_CATFISH New Member

State:
    Illinois
    my dad fished the ohio down in southern IL this last weekend. He said the river was turning over. He also said they couldnt even locate any shad. sounds like you faired much better than they did. Good job!

4. fishhook

fishhook New Member

State:
    Willow Woo
    Looks like you did fairly well, my wife and I fished the river up by Huntington, WV sat night, we didn't catch anything. We couldn't hardly keep lines in the water due to the pleasure boaters running around us but the current was kinda slow there also.

5. billcatfish

billcatfish New Member

State:
    evansville Ind
    went friday night didnt catsh a thing. river was slow here as well. could not find any shad what did you use for bait. the bugs were bad as well

6. RiverKing

RiverKing New Member

State:
    Yellow Spr

We were using live bluegills, and cut bluegills, and nightcrawlers..@ of the fish came from nightcrawlers

7. jason454ci

jason454ci Active Member

State:
    Zanesville, Ohi
    I meet up with Catbird saturday to do a little Ohio river fishing. We fished south of Cincinati and it was some pretty tough fishing. We ended up with 5 cats total 3 flats and 2 channels. The biggest channel was 8lbs and the biggest flat was 7.5lbs. The smallest was a flat that was less then a pound. He is now a resident of my aquarium. Even though they were small I was happy to have caught my first ohio river fish. A big thank you to Catbird for taking me out on his "unsinkable" boat. Now that's a whole other story.lol. But anyways had a blast on my first trip out on the ohio. Here is a couple pics of my first 2 ohio river cats.

Attached Files:

8. tspergin

tspergin New Member

State:
    newark ohio
    Good to see you feeling better and congrats on the fish

9. bigcatJoe

bigcatJoe New Member

State:
    indiana
    You guys had better luck then I had this weekend.