ohio river report westport to louisville area

Discussion in 'KENTUCKY RIVERS TALK' started by johndeere nut, Sep 27, 2009.

1. johndeere nut

johndeere nut New Member

State:
    oldham county,kentucky
    so went fishing last night and the river was way down off in the distance i thought i heard thunder well a check of my girlfriends phone showed a storm near louisville. well it said it would hit westport at 9pm well it was 8:57pm so reeled my poles up gathered stuff and heade to the truck it got pitch black and windy then the rain let loose in buckets

went back this afternoon to fish at the farm in westport and man we got alot of rain the river was up and very muddy. it had some good current wich was good for fishin. it had alot of debris floating down it such as big logs and sticks and the occasional shoe.the river wasnt up bad just up from were it has been wich is very low.anyway if you go out be carefull and watch for logs and debris.

2. beespringer

beespringer New Member

State:
    sunfish, k
    I fished down around stephensport today and the river was slowly rising but not a lot of current..I guess it hadn't reached there yet

3. Beacher

Beacher New Member

State:
    indiana
    the river was raising a little yesterday but today it's already on the fall again

4. johndeere nut

johndeere nut New Member

State:
    oldham county,kentucky
    awww man that stinks i want some current oh well at least there was some yesterday i did notice it wasnt as muddy as yesterday