ohio river report..above newburgh dam

Discussion in 'INDIANA RIVERS TALK' started by biga, Dec 26, 2007.

1. biga

biga Well-Known Member

State:
    evansville
    got off work early today and hit the river for a few hours with e,ville man .. it was dropping fast and still had some big trees and lots of small debris coming down. we had a few good hits that we couldnt get a hook in... and a bunch of taps and stolen bait.. only put 2 channels in the boat but both of us lost 1 good fish each.. mine got tangled on some drift and had to break off and rogers circle didnt get a good bite on his it came off about half way to the boat.. . it was better than work but i sure wish we had found a big boy...

2. billcatfish

billcatfish New Member

State:
    evansville Ind
    congrats on the nice day out sounds like u done better then we did last weekend an congrats on the fish

3. biga

biga Well-Known Member

State:
    evansville
    it was sure better than nothing.. nice day until the front came in and turned the switch off but it was still bad fishing conditions water wise .. it just dont make me real happy to catch channels..

4. e'villeman

e'villeman New Member

State:
    Evansville, Indiana
    we gonna try again adam, had blast still. Was a nice day to hang out on the river non-the-less. I have a real good time fishing with ya'. Still wish we could have seen the fish that bent our poles like that! ~ still dreaming~

5. fishassasin

fishassasin New Member

State:
    Evansville, Ind
    i wanna go fishin.

6. treddinwater

treddinwater Active Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    i agree with fishassassin...i just wanna go fishing haha

7. e'villeman

e'villeman New Member

State:
    Evansville, Indiana
    lol well i had planned on fishing today and woke up to an upset stomach, oh well 2 Imodiums and i'm good to go. I wander downstairs to a dog begging to go out, when i took him out i looked at my truck and CRUDE! a flat tire!! By the time i got that all togethor family wanted to go see a movie. How my luck was running , prolly best i didint go

8. biga

biga Well-Known Member

State:
    evansville
    i went out for a few hours tonight but didnt take any skips so all i had was shad and they were not interested in them at all.... i got a late start because i broke a shear pin in my prop and didnt have an extra one so i had to make one from the shaft of one of my old rodholders... i should have left then!!