Ohio River Report 7/3-7/4 Cincinnati

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by tbull, Jul 4, 2009.

1. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Hit the river last night with BOC member Cathunter24. Was a big change from the week before, the river level was at pool and the current was non existant. Tried to anchor in a couple spots, but ended drifting instead, which is not my favorite way to fish by any means but its neccesary for sure. Ended up catching 3 fish drifting. Lost probably around 10, these fish kept spitting these circle hooks, and I have enver had this happen on a drift rod before, weird stuff man and very frustrating. Around 3am I decided I wanted to try and anchor again, and it looked like the dam was letting some water through now because there was some current all of the sudden, went to a local spot and anchored up and caught 6 more fish, The biggest of the 2 were a 25lb flathead and a 41lb blue. Maybe one of these days I will break 41lbs but for some reason 41 seems to be the magic number for me..LMAO...But hey I will take it, all and all a good night. Saw BOC member Kitsinni at the ramp and he was still there when we loaded up at 6am this morning so I hope he tore em up...

Here are some pics of the 2 bigger fish..

Attached Files:

2. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    A couple more pics of the blue...Had one pop off a drift rod that was way bigger then this fella, unfortunate its just how the night went most of the time...lol

Attached Files:

3. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    washington court house,oh
    congrats on the nice fish guys

4. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    That's a good night of fishing there. Glad they were biting good for you. Congrats on the catch.

5. misterwhisker

misterwhisker New Member

State:
    T. Bowl
    Nice...good work Tbull

6. Slatebar

Slatebar New Member

State:
    ohio
    Looks like you had a very good night. Whats wrong with hook ups this year, seems everyone is having the same problem. At first I thought it was just me, but it is everyone I talk to is having problems setting the hook.

7. HRCats

HRCats New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Nice fish and congrats on the catches!!!

8. JBrooks

JBrooks New Member

State:
    Cincinnati, Ohio

I've been gettin' it too. Plenty of other people I know around town are also having the same problem. I'll be shopping for a new style of hook soon. These Octo's and Circles just seem to be a world of problems this season.

On topic, great catches guys. I know Cathunter has been waitin' for a Flathead to cooperate with him!

- J

9. shanelures

shanelures New Member

State:
    ohio
    hey, way to go on your trip!!

10. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I'm a liking it !!!!!....rollo:wink:

11. stangcrazy85

stangcrazy85 New Member

State:
    PerryTucky
    congrats on some killer cattin what was the bait of choice if ya dont mind

12. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Wish I knew man, never lost fish like that drifting on circle hooks, brand new ones to boot, just a weird night I guess, wasn't using the same rig I use for drifting usually though. Being lazy and just using carolina rig, usually use a 3 way, or a no snag rig that stumpjumper showed me so who knows..

Toby, bait of choice was fresh shad as always, cut and live. The big fish came on cut shad...

13. slimdaddy

slimdaddy Well-Known Member

State:
    Nelsonville, Oh
    Name:
    Keith
    sounds like a great trip and nice fish

14. katfish ken

katfish ken New Member

State:
    Paintsvill
    Congrats on some good fish.

15. prostreetS10

prostreetS10 New Member

State:
    ohio
    Good to see you guys got a couple nice ones. congrats

16. beetle

beetle New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Way to go..thanks for the pics and report.

17. RiverKing

RiverKing New Member

State:
    Yellow Spr
    Nice Fish boys.

18. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    those are a couple dandy fish..any spawning scars on the flatheads as of late?

19. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    Good night there Travis! A 41 pounder beats the hell outtofa a skunking though lol, congrats.
    I'm in the same boat, I've caught more 44lb flatheads than should be statistically possible, What do I have to do to get one that's 45 or better?

20. Golden

Golden New Member

State:
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Looks like you had a good night with out me! lol j/k i had a tournament this weekend anyways. im ready to go when you are.