Ohio River Report 4/13 - Blue catfish in the 34 pound range

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by tbull, Apr 13, 2009.

1. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Managed to get out on the River today with Sman and ProstreetS10, we didn't get as much time in today as we would have liked had some nasty weather come in, and I don't care what anyone thinks, when there is lightning my butt is outta there! No point in fishing when I can't enjoy it, plus it seemed like all of the debris from up river decided to show up about the same time, so rather than waiting it out we decided to call it quits..We did manage 7 fish in all today. All blues, the biggest was Skip's first fish of the day and he weighed in at 34lbs! Nice solid bluecat, a few more in the 12-15lb range and some smaller ones. One looked like a freakin albino he was so white. We planned on making this a late night deal but just played it safe, I nailed a huge log on the way back kind of in a panic as the weather was going way down hill real fast, luckily no damage.

Great to see Skip and Josh again, Josh was one of my main fishing buddies last year and its been a while so that was a plus, poor guy just couldn't land one today.:confused2: All and all a great day out, wish it could have been longer..Fishing is heating up, just sign of things to come I hope. Thanks again guys for coming along. Skip has pics and I am sure he will post when he gets home. Glad he drove down again and got a reward this time. Can't wait to do it again.:roll_eyes::wink::0a23:

2. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Good trip guys! I forgot about the invitation Travis, but sounds like a good day. Skip, glad out of 5 trips of broken down engines etc. you got a blue or few!:smile2::wink: Congrats guys on the blues, hopefully them flats will go on fire soon also...rollo

3. misterwhisker

misterwhisker New Member

State:
    T. Bowl
    Thanks for the report, sounds like a good time other then the weather, Wouldnt ya like to catch bigguns like that when it counts bro, like in a touney :wink:

4. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Tell me about it! If it counts, no fish in the boat ever!!:confused2: Actually I shouldn't say when it counts, it always counts, just not always for money!:eek:oooh::smile2::sad2:

5. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    First off I want to thank Travis and Josh for inviting me down. Couple of real life cat guys, and suprisingly easy to get along with lol.

Hate it for josh today but the catfish gods designated him the net man on this outing. And he never missed, even though the current was ripping.

These two fish were hooked about 2 minutes apart before we even got settled down after pulling up on this spot.

Attached Files:

6. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    Before I could bait up again I hooked my second fish on my other rod.
    As soon as I released this one Travis had another one on. We had 4 fish in the boat in less than 20 minutes lol.

Attached Files:

7. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    After that Tbull put on a clinic for me and Josh LOL.

Attached Files:

8. RamRod

RamRod New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Great job guys! Looking forward to coming down that way and trying my luck. Might have to hit you up tbull!:wink:

9. Salmonid

Salmonid New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Nice report guys, Im glad you were able to locate some blues today, been tough this winter so far to find them in any numbers. seems like only 1 here, 1 there.
    Salmonid

10. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Great looking fish, congrats on the catch and good luck in the future

11. CincyCat

CincyCat New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Great job guys, especially considering the conditions. Did you guys mark a huge school in that first spot with the graph, or did you just see a few scattered?

12. misterwhisker

misterwhisker New Member

State:
    T. Bowl
    Thanks for sharing the pics bro, That one pic of travis with the cigarette looks like a mafia guy:smile2:....Hell tbull your gona have everyone from the BOC wanting to come down to fish with ya :eek:oooh: Wheres my invite :roll_eyes::wink::smile2:

13. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Congrats guys! The river looks like crap up this way, been trying to figure if its worth trying it or not until it goes down.

14. RiverKing

RiverKing Active Member

State:
    Yellow Spr
    Looks like you guys found some nice fish and had a good day. Good job guys.

15. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    The water was so turbulant in that area we really did not mark to many fish. Just one here and there, no schools.

16. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Don't credit me, Skip and Josh picked the spot, with his "book of secrets"!:wink::smile2::wink:

17. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    LMAO, I found that book while studying catfish at The Hogwarts school for Wizards. I got it from a guy named Potter.

18. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    That's right Paul, we just pull up and Travis scares them into giving up. lol

19. CincyCat

CincyCat New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Actually I think the cats want to relax in the Jacuzzi on Travis' boat, which he calls a bait tank!!! :smile2: He don't mess around!!!

20. smoothkip25

smoothkip25 New Member

State:
    ohio
    Great job guys on the great day on the water! Good to see you guys get on some nice fish!