Ohio River Report 2008

Discussion in 'PENNSYLVANIA RIVERS TALK' started by riv56, Apr 4, 2008.

1. riv56

riv56 New Member

State:
    pennsylvania
    Post your Ohio River fishing reports here let us all know how there doing on the ohio. I fished the ohio below Mongomery Dam 4/2 gotta couple bites from the cats but no runs, still pretty slow:sad2: But we did catch a few stripers from 4 to 8 lbs. and one small bout 1 1/2, 1 small white bass and walleye about 17 in.:big_smile:

2. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Havent got to make it yet but the water levels I heard was high

3. riv56

riv56 New Member

State:
    pennsylvania
    matt was out yesterday there getting down almost to normal pool,the temp. was 52 degrees, still a little cold for my liking. We didnt get any flat heads but we did pick up a couple small stripers, small mouth an one nice sheephead,

4. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Any fishing is good fishing. Congrats on some great fish and keep us updated of your future adventures.

5. socex

socex New Member

State:
    Industry, Pennsylvania
    Hey Riv,
    now that you finally got an avatar up, let's try to catch you a fish worth adding to it:smile2:

6. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    Good luck you way west guys.

Keep us posted on the fishing out there.

7. socex

socex New Member

State:
    Industry, Pennsylvania
    Thanks blacky, we will keep you updated. Hopefully my work schedule allows for a couple nights a week. Good luck to you easterns as well. Hows the fishing over there anyways? Are you getting into them yet?

8. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    Soon bro! The fishing out here gets better and better. For some odd reason the grow extremely fast in non-native rivers. I must be the abundant of baitfish and the way they dominate rivers?

Caught a few 10lbers in 2005.
    Caught my share of 20 lbers in 2006.
    Between the group of us, 4 30lbers in 2007.
    2008 will be 40 or BUST!

9. Ulikedew

Ulikedew New Member

State:
    Georgetown IN
    I could fish the Ohio if you all would divert some of your rain water somewhere else then she might go down around here.But then again they be saying evil words in the weather forecast.

10. zeboman

zeboman New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    I hope to get out on the Ohio this year so let me know if you have room for one more,I`m not out to steal any spots from anyone I just want to fish different areas and increase my chances of catching a hog.

11. socex

socex New Member

State:
    Industry, Pennsylvania
    I went to the local dam to set-up on the wing wall and sure enough some guy was there already, so I had to set up shop down river some. While down there I met fellow BOC member Ryan (catfish chaser). I caught 1 little guy down there and after an hour or so of talking with Ryan I got a chance to move to the wing wall. At 10:15 the river came alive. I caught 4 fish 10-20 # range and had some that got off that felt really good. I ran out of bait around 10:40. It may have been the most action packed 30 minutes of catfishing I ever had. I think the spawn is finally over!!!!

12. socex

socex New Member

State:
    Industry, Pennsylvania
    Got down to the dam last night again, fished the same wing wall, only this time a buddy went too. We managed around 9-10 flattys between the two of us. My friend hauled a 22 # at around 1 A.M., Then i proceeded to lose a monster 5 minutes after. Once again ran out of bait around 2:30.

13. Bigcat tinyboat

Bigcat tinyboat New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    First good night in a while last night. Spawn may be over and for the first time in weeks I did not get dumped on with rain. 9 lber and a 31" 20 lb flathead. Girth was 24". Never landed one 20 lbs on the scale that was under 36". Think this one had a basketball in it and probably ate the 10 lber I released an hour before. These fish are pigs. Same size gill landed at 2-3 lb flathead early in the night and then this one.

Attached Files:

14. socex

socex New Member

State:
    Industry, Pennsylvania
    Got out on the Ohio last night managed 5 fish in 2 1/2 hours. One just squeaked over the 25 # mark so I took a pic. Really hard fishing with the terrain there.

15. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Congrats Joe on the nice Flattys! :cool2: The 3rd pic would make a good avatar for yourself! :wink: :cool2:

16. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Thanks Jason for the report! Congrats on the 25# Flatty! :cool2:

17. socex

socex New Member

State:
    Industry, Pennsylvania
    Wow has this year been a big bust so far when it comes to catching big flattys. I even managed to get skunked last night.:sad2: This is getting frustrating. Anybody else having a down year? I know the fish are there. last year at this time I had 42#, abunch in the 30's, and too many to count in the 20's. I hope the last two months of the season takes a turn for the better.

18. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Yes Jason, I too have struggled with getting nice Flatheads this year! :sad2: I blamed the weather early on and lately its just finding the time to get out! :eek:oooh: I still think I have a new PB coming this month, hopefully this Saturday! :wink:

19. bw69r

bw69r Well-Known Member

State:
    West Newton, PA
    Jason, just go to the mon river thread and read my posts over the last few weeks and you will know what kind of fishing i have been having lately. i do not think i have been this frustrated flathead fishing in a long time. hopefully things will turn around here soon for all of us.

20. jolie

jolie New Member

State:
    PA
    Actually this has been a Hard year (5 skunks in a row)-- and I DON't Even fish for flatheads!!!:angry: