Ohio River Report 04/29/09

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by RiverKing, Apr 29, 2009.

1. RiverKing

RiverKing Active Member

State:
    Yellow Spr
    Headed out on the river with TBull last night. Found some fish that were biting, just couldnt get any big ones to bite. I think we ended up with 9 fish, but nothing over 7 lbs. Caught the smallest flathead i think i ever seen. We should have had more fish, but we had a bunch just come off. I missed a few too. It was a good time hangin with TBull though, hes a good guy and fun to fish with. The fish were 2 channels and the rest flatheads.

2. neocats

neocats New Member

State:
    Steubenvil
    Thanks for the report. What are the river conditions like now?

3. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Yeah man it was cool to finally get out and fish with Matt after we talked about it for a year....lol...The passenger side of his boat is cursed, but other than that I had a great time watchin him swing on 6oz flatheads!!!LMAO!!!!:wink::smile2::smile2::smile2:...Matt's a great dude can't wait to do it again..:cool2:

4. misterwhisker

misterwhisker New Member

State:
    T. Bowl
    Travis you are one funny dude :wink::smile2::cool2:

5. CatHunter24

CatHunter24 New Member

State:
    Dayton, Ohio
    glad some people are getting to fish around here lol. Glad to hear the outing was a good time even though the fish were on the small side, fishing's fishing.

6. RiverKing

RiverKing Active Member

State:
    Yellow Spr

I thought we were gonna keep the weights a secret..LMAO...Them were some small flats especially that one...Looked like a fish that would be in an aqaurium

7. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    So let me get this straight. You two could put on a "clinic" for the rest of us, on how to catch aquarium size fish?

Sign me up! I need all the bait I can get lol.

8. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Here is what you do everyone pay close attention:

1. Fish anywhere around Cincinnati in the same boat as me.
    2. Use 8 to 10 ot Gama J hooks, with cut Shad
    3. Set hook with all your might if you get a bite.
    4. Result....6 to 12 oz flatheads, perfect for bait! Simple as that!

9. catcrazed

catcrazed New Member

State:
    ohio
    Sounds better than what me and Randy did yesterday (Thursday). Fished in a beautiful misty rain all day and (I) caught 2 small channels. It was like the most perfect fishing weather ever. Did I mention I caught both fish. :smile2: Randy was 2 busy eating hostes apple pies and and eatin my dam pringles to know if he was gettin bites.