Ohio River Rabbit hash area

Discussion in 'KENTUCKY RIVERS TALK' started by RSVBill, Aug 11, 2009.

1. RSVBill

RSVBill New Member

State:
    kentucky
    I am headed out this afternoon with the father in law and wife hoping to see that wide smile of a flatty or even the steel blue shine of a nice blue. either way it beats a day of working. Has anyone had any luck in the ohio near here recently?

Bill

2. lance

lance New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Give us a report and good luck .

3. Flootie16

Flootie16 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    i know im a few days late but earlier this week i was going out at night down around rising sun and have been catching a bunch of flatties. monday night i put 11 flats on the boat and my ole man and i went out wednesday night and we put 8 on there. the biggest out of the 19 was around 20 pounds. i had a few hawgs hooked but not good enough cuz the fought and got off. and i was told that just yesterday one of my friend landed three real nice blues. i dont know where he was at. so the fish are biting pretty well.

4. RSVBill

RSVBill New Member

State:
    kentucky
    well the days event of fishing started out wiht me installing new pole holders on the boat, as i was drilling the 1ST hole the drill stops and ploop the battery falls in gunpowder creek. No need to panic I decide ill just get in water and find it cant be more the 5 ft deep. 10 minutes later, no battery..... I climb my fat ass up the motor well, and step on the side of the boat attempting to get in an slip landing in the bottom on the drill. In a fit of rage the shiny rigid drill ended up in the creek too. screw it we are off with the current holders and hand.

I let th wife and father fish for some bluegills under the bridge after getting what was needed I go to start th boat and NOTHING. the day is not going well at all. I paddle back to the dock only a short 50 yards away, walk to dads garage to find i am locked out.

Not being detoured from fishing this day is going to work i remove the battery from my jeep and proceed back to the boat only to find it sart with out the new battery lol.....

we started thsi adventure knowing it was going to be hot out at 1130 am. first line in the water at 130 pm. no bites nothign but snags until 6pm and a few runs then one pole doubles to bring in a small flattie on a live gill about 8 lbs. 8 pm call a quits to a bad day.

It would have been cheaper to actually work so this day has to be the exception a hard day of work would have beat this bad day to fish!

saturday morning getting into a tourney at camp turn-about we will see what happens, picture to come shortly.

5. SURFPREP

SURFPREP New Member

State:
    KY
    Now that is determination!:smile2:

6. Flootie16

Flootie16 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    At least you didnt sink......:confused2: