Ohio river question

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by bigfish08, Jul 18, 2007.

1. bigfish08

bigfish08 New Member

State:
    ohio
    does anyone know if you need a kentucky license to fish the kentucky bank if your fishing in the ohio river. i have a ohio license but do i need a kentucky license to fish the kentucky bank..

2. neocats

neocats New Member

State:
    Steubenvil
    You can fish on the WV and Kentucky side of the Ohio River with an OH license, but remember you have to follow that states laws regarding everything else. Beware of daily bag limits. There is a list on the ODNR web site.

3. bigfish08

bigfish08 New Member

State:
    ohio
    thanks,, i wasnt sure.. i never keep big cats any way..

4. RamRod

RamRod New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Your Ohio license is good only where the Ohio River borders Ohio!

5. CBH

CBH New Member

State:
    WV
    Western Unit (Kentucky/Ohio border only) – Lawrence County west of South Point, and Scioto, Adams, Brown, Clermont, and Hamilton counties. Ohio and Kentucky will honor the other state’s fishing licenses along their common borders on the mainstem and from the banks of the Ohio River, excluding embayments and tributaries. The following regulations are the only unified regulations in the agreement – for all other regulations, anglers must abide by those of the state by which they are licensed, except that Ohio anglers must abide by Kentucky laws when fishing from the Kentucky shoreline, and Kentucky anglers must abide by Ohio laws when fishing from the Ohio shoreline.

6. bigfish08

bigfish08 New Member

State:
    ohio
    thanks, i appreciate that!

7. duxsrus

duxsrus New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    I posted a reply in this thread near the top and it got deleted. Wonder what that's all about. :angry: