Ohio River Produces Some Blues

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by RiverKing, Jan 27, 2008.

1. RiverKing

RiverKing Active Member

State:
    Yellow Spr
    Well after talking about it for about 6 months, me and S-Man(Skip) finally got to met up and head to the Ohio River. It turned out to be a pretty good day, 38 degrees, 27.2 on the cincinnati gauge, and Meldahl was running 18 ft of water through the dam. It was a little windy at times, but other than that, you couldnt ask for better conditions for winter time blue cattin.We ended up with 8 fish, 4 over 20 pounds, and even caught a spoonbill..The coolest thing though was getting to see skip catch his first blue ever..The scales were a little off, one said 26, and one said 23 i think..But regardless, it was a good fish, and im glad he was able to put it in the boat..Here are some pics of the fish we caught, we didnt get Skips fish on my camera, but we took a pic of it with his...He is on his way home right now and will post it when he gets home. I just wanted to tell everyone if they ever get a chance to fish with Skip, do it, he is a good guy, and great company on the boat..I had a great time fishing with a fellow BOC member that likes cat fishing just as much as me.Cant wait to do it again.

Attached Files:

2. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    sounds like you guys had fun!! hopefully i will get my first blue here in march on the james! good fishing guys! rollo

3. DeerHunter01

DeerHunter01 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Boy I hope S-Man was not warming up for the Dh battle ..LMAO He needs more pratice I see..:crazy::smile2:

Good job guys at least someone is out there fishing today..LOL I do know of one other person that was out kicking the river here near Henderson and he didn't have any luck today. Maybe he will latch on to them Wednesday.

4. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    man it sure was a great day for fishing, temps were neally nice and wind wasnt too bad at all. i spent the day chasing crappies. congrats on your first blue Skip! thanks for sharing

5. RiverKing

RiverKing Active Member

State:
    Yellow Spr
    And here is a pic of my brother and the spoonbill he snagged...Its a cool looking fish, I had never seen one in person before.

Attached Files:

6. biga

biga Well-Known Member

State:
    evansville
    congrats on the fish guys.... i was out for a short 2 hours today but didnt get a fish... it was my first time drifting with aid of a fish finder so i was kinda stressed trying a new tecnique ... :crazy:

7. RiverKing

RiverKing Active Member

State:
    Yellow Spr
    And here is one more pic from my camera..Like I said, Skip will be posting his shortly.

Attached Files:

8. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Matt, thanks for the report and the pictures. Sounds like a fun day fishing with some B.O.C. brothers.

9. RiverKing

RiverKing Active Member

State:
    Yellow Spr
    OHH, he said he is ready now!!! LMAO

10. jason454ci

jason454ci Active Member

State:
    Zanesville, Ohi
    Looks like ya guys had a great outing on the river. Skip didn't wear the camo and make ya sit perfectly still turn the depth finder off and whisper back and forth did he? :smile2:. Glad to see ya put him on his first blue Matt. I know he has been anxious about gettin in to one. Congrats to ya Skip!

11. DeerHunter01

DeerHunter01 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Where is S-Man's Photos ?? I need some fire power against him !!

12. RiverKing

RiverKing Active Member

State:
    Yellow Spr

Well Skip was so excited and was in such a hurry to get a pic, we didnt even think about getting a pic on my camera...LOL...No that blue bit about 5 minutes after we got there, and Skip got his camera out, so it just slipped our mind to get a pic with my camera...But he will post pics as soon as he gets home.

13. joadb

joadb Member

State:
    Clinton, Ohio,
    good fish guys.

14. krowbar

krowbar New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Nice Blues guys. Congratulations.

15. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    Matt, thanks for a good day on the water. I tell you guys that man can sense catfish under the boat lol. Every place we anchored up at we caught multiple fish. They turned off completely after 3 pm, but I think that was because the wind stopped blowing finally. I got my first blue, and got to see my first Spoonbill lol. Thanks again Matt and Mark. I'll be back again for sure.

I'm gonna mess with this camera now lol, hope to post a photo or two in a few.

16. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    I think this should do it. First blue, somewhere between 23 and 26 lol.

Attached Files:

17. RiverKing

RiverKing Active Member

State:
    Yellow Spr

That pic turned out good man...Thats a good fish

18. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    Does DH know what he's in for now? lol

19. RiverKing

RiverKing Active Member

State:
    Yellow Spr

I actually just talked to him on the phone, and i did sense some concern in his voice...LMAO:wink:

20. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    My advice would be for him to stay down in kentuck. I hear the fish down there are slow witted and in-bred. He would have trouble up here. I hope you can talk some sense to him lol.