Ohio River - need some help

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by Monsterkat11, Oct 25, 2007.

1. Monsterkat11

Monsterkat11 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    i've been fishing in huber heights and miamisburg alot these past few weeks with a little luck, couple of cats just under ten pounds. i'm looking to move it up this sunday with a whole day of fishing in the cincy area of the ohio river.

if someone could please PM me with directions to a dam that i can bank fish from, or just a decent spot in general it would be greatly appreciated.

thanks guys,
    korey

2. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Say, hows about one of you south western Ohio boys help a brother out! :roll_eyes:lol Just bringing it back up, he needs to know before Sunday :big_smile:

3. rosscatman

rosscatman Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Korey you can fish at Fernbank park on the ohio in the cincinnati area.Its owned by the hamilton county park district though so you can only fish on the bank during daylight hours.Fernbank Park
    50 Thornton Ave. 45233 .Make sure you have your license because theres a good chance you will be asked to show them.

4. RiverKing

RiverKing Active Member

State:
    Yellow Spr
    You can fish right downtown from the sea wall in cincy...Right next to back one arena..Just map quest it, probably dont even need an adress..Lots of good fish are caught from the sea wall.

5. rosscatman

rosscatman Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    The best entrance would actually be at 6601 River Rd.
    Cincinnati , OH 45233.

6. RiverKing

RiverKing Active Member

State:
    Yellow Spr

I meant to say BANK ONE ARENA

7. Monsterkat11

Monsterkat11 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    thanks guy i'll probably hit both those spots. i appreciate it, maybe someone at bass proshops can also tell me how to get right below a dam.
    thanks fellas!

8. Kat-addict

Kat-addict New Member

State:
    ohio
    I can tell you how to fish below Meldahl Dam ! The only access to it is from the kentucky side if your bank fishin ! The location is Foster Ky located on route 8. The Oh side dosn't have easy access. You can get there to fish but you will be behind the lock walls in the back water area (sucks) If you have a boat you can get pretty much get where you want by putting in at the Neville ramp and motoring about 3-5 miles upstream. Because of the bouys that are in place you will not be able to get to close in a boat to the rushing water. I have fished it several times with poor results from a boat. A positive note though is that they have been catching a few (hit and miss ) skips on the ky side and if you can catch one and sail it out to the white water coming through the locks, you will catch some channels. I seen some guys doing it a few weeks ago.
    The greenup locks(portmouth OH) have a good place to fish on the OH side but thats a long ride for you. I have never fished it so I don't know anything other than that. I hope this helps ya out...Randy

9. crab

crab New Member

State:
    Ironton,Ohio
    I seconde that Greenup is a good place!:big_smile:

10. Monsterkat11

Monsterkat11 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    went out yesterday below the Meldahl Dam on the ohio side, beautiful day, nice weather, amazing spot. fishing with live goldfish and twards the end of the night tried some shad head. i don't understand how we managed to pull it off but we did. we managed to catch NOTHING. oh well, thats fishing for you i guess, we'll deff. be back to try again sometime very soon. i appreciate everyones input and help!