Ohio River near Huntington, WV

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by mhbomber, Jan 13, 2010.

1. mhbomber

mhbomber New Member

State:
    Wilmington
    Hey guys, I know this is the Kentucky board, but not much posting seems to take place under the WV section. I might be attending Marshall University for grad school next year and I am looking for some info on the catfishing up in this area. I see that the Ohio River and the Kanawha River run through this area. Do any of you guys fish the Ohio? How is it for cats?? It seems like there are some nice flatheads and channels, but how about blues?

Thanks for the input!

2. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    I think Danzig who is from that part of WV can answer that.

3. ohio hilljack

ohio hilljack New Member

State:
    ohio
    Congratuations to you,getting to fish some of the best catfish water around . The river down there is teaming with big flats and some pretty nice blues that are growing larger every year.Fishing from a boat we had several 40 flat days around Point Pleasant and Gallipolis. The blues are harder to find but they are in there up to 30 pounds anyway. Channels can be caught from any of the barges around . Several guys in our club also fish the Kawanha river and do quite well.

4. slimdaddy

slimdaddy Well-Known Member

State:
    Nelsonville, Oh
    Name:
    Keith
    well your lost already this is the ohio board lol but yes there is some of the best catfishing there is in that area