Ohio River, Milton KY, Madison, IN Area

Discussion in 'KENTUCKY RIVERS TALK' started by vlparrish, Oct 9, 2006.

1. vlparrish

vlparrish New Member

State:
    Bedford, Kentucky
    Sunday Dave (skipjack) and I hit the Ohio. We launched out of the Milton KY ramp loaded for bear. After netting way more shad than was possible to keep alive, we went to a spot and anchored. We sat there for 45 minutes without a bite and moved to another location. We sat there fora couple of hours, catching two blues in the 8 to 10 pound range. We then headed for more bait and this time rationing our catch a little. We moved to our third location. This is where we stayed until the night was over, but not until we landed five channels and 3 more blues. One of the blues Dave got was in the 20 to 25 pound range. Vern

2. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    good job brother , thats showing me up :lol:

3. ScottWiseman

ScottWiseman New Member

State:
    Indianapolis,Indiana
    Nice job Vern....sounds like a good time! Poor Chuck....haha

4. vlparrish

vlparrish New Member

State:
    Bedford, Kentucky
    Thanks Scott, and just think, I was pretty set on coming up that way with C4 and my fishing partner was running late so we fished this area. Vern

5. SkiMax

SkiMax New Member

State:
    Rising Sun, IN
    good job vern, i am fishing with you from now on, LMAO!

6. duxsrus

duxsrus New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Nice job on the catches. I'd like to hit the river down that way some time.

7. cattinfever999

cattinfever999 New Member

State:
    KY
    Vern,
    I've fished that area before. The Ohio is a great place to fish and if the fish aren't biting, it's a great place to sight see. I caught a BIG blue cat, but the guy I was with didn't have a scale. He guessed it at 50lbs. I have a fishing guide who takes me around and lets me out fish him. He hasn't taken me in quite a while, he usually has a long waiting list for his services. Maybe when I get over this cold, I'll be put on the list. Congrats on the fish. "FISH ON"

Your wife:big_smile_2:

8. vlparrish

vlparrish New Member

State:
    Bedford, Kentucky
    Thanks, Honey. Well, I had another great night on the Ohio. I launched about 6:30 and went after some bait. I had some nice shad when I started fishing. I ended up fishing three spots and landing 7 fish. The first catch was the biggest of the night, a flathead around twenty pounds. Then I moved to another hole and got 4 channels that were all under 5 pounds. Then the third hole produced another small channel and a six pound flathead. All the fish were caught on cut shad except the first one and he came on a 8 inch shad hooked live. Vern

9. vlparrish

vlparrish New Member

State:
    Bedford, Kentucky
    I took Chuck out for his birthday to day. I figured we could spend the afternoon on the river. Well, he said he had a good time............................. and that he appreciated me showing him how to do it. We took my boat for a change, which he said gave me the rear seat advantage. Well, maybe he is right C4-0 Vlparrish-12. I got eight channels, three small flatheads and a nice 30 lb blue. Chuck did get the priveledge of catching a dandy gar though. We were using freshcut shad. Vern

10. SkiMax

SkiMax New Member

State:
    Rising Sun, IN
    U skunked him 8-0 on his bday? man what a brother.... :big_smile:

11. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    12 - 0 on my birthday what a brother , thats why i bought a boat he is not a guide for the front seat man he sets up so he is on the fish . the only way i could have been on them would have been to cast straight over his head and out the back of the boat :lol: thanks vern for showing me how to catch fish :roll_eyes:

12. SkiMax

SkiMax New Member

State:
    Rising Sun, IN
    after about the 5th fish i can't believe you weren't casting straight over his head, lol.

13. vlparrish

vlparrish New Member

State:
    Bedford, Kentucky
    I got out on the Ohio this evening. The water was high and the river had a lot of drift. I ended up with a decent blue, 6 channels and a small striper. Vern

14. SkiMax

SkiMax New Member

State:
    Rising Sun, IN
    nice vern, i hate getting on here and reading about your catches while i am stuck 2 hours from the river. makes me wanna pack up and drive home that night

15. vlparrish

vlparrish New Member

State:
    Bedford, Kentucky
    I just got back from the river. The fish were biting well. I got 5 channels, three flatheads and 2 blues. The two blues were the only fish of signifigant size. Vern

16. vlparrish

vlparrish New Member

State:
    Bedford, Kentucky
    Dave and I got out today. We landed somewhere between 12 and 15 cats with a few blues being in the high teens to twenty range. Using shad live and cut. Vern

17. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    good job vern and dave , wonderd why you never called me

18. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    Thats Super Vern, Glad to see someone having some Good Luck. J.D.

19. vlparrish

vlparrish New Member

State:
    Bedford, Kentucky
    I will be hitting the river here tommorrow with my dad. We plan on getting some shad and trying the blues. I'll post results her tommorrow night. Vern

20. vlparrish

vlparrish New Member

State:
    Bedford, Kentucky
    My dad and I got on the water today around noon. We had trounble getting bait but after an hour we had enough shad to try them a while. We ended up catching a channel a piece, both in the five pound range. Dad had a nice one slam a rod and got to fight him a minute before he pulled the hook out. Vern