Ohio river markland madison

Discussion in 'INDIANA RIVERS TALK' started by bigcatkev, Jul 9, 2006.

1. bigcatkev

bigcatkev Member

State:
    indiana
    anyone doing any good between markland and madison and has anybody caught any skipjack lately?

2. cattinfever999

cattinfever999 New Member

State:
    KY
    Hey, Kevin. Vlparrish(see avatar) and I have been doing some fishing along Madison-Milton. I caught about a 50lb blue cat a couple of months ago. He's always catching something when he goes out. As for the skipjack--are you using a cast net? I'll have to ask vlparrish about catching the skipjack--he's usually the one catching bait:lol: . I noticed today that the river looked like it was up since we were on it last(Wednesday).
    Good luck and I'll try and have him post a response when he gets home---he went to the Henderson, KY gathering.

3. Crackr

Crackr New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Markland is on my 2006 'wish list' of places to go. I just wish gas wasn't so dang high.

4. skippie2use

skippie2use New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Let me know we can meet and go out in my boat. Maybe we can get a hold of another friend of mine from harrison and see if he wants to go. I know he likes big fish and I just put him on a few decent ones on the ohio and he hadnt previosly been able to catch much. He had very limited experience down there. He may respond to this if he sees it although I havent seen him post lately. Let me know so that we can plan it. There are some hogs at markland.

5. Steve

Steve New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Let me know when.
    Steve

6. skippie2use

skippie2use New Member

State:
    Indiana
    you and I can go any time the but I thought maybe some one else would want to go. tournament this weekend at Tanners but after that I have nothing planned for the next weekend. Then I fish another on the 29. Maybe you and I can go fish whitewater state park one evening after work out of my boat for a few hours. I have a tour. there on 8-19 that kind of concerns me and I need to make sure I stay on top of the fish there. Grassy lake that really has no big fish. It was just restocked about 3-4 years ago. So a five fish stringer is critical!!!!!!Nice to see that u caught all of those fish a Brookville saturday, I bet your wife had a ball. I havent been out since you and I where up there. Ive had lots of family stuff.

7. typer181

typer181 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Indy
    Name:
    Eric
    Hey everyone,
    Skippie, Steve and I fished the Markland Pool this past Saturday night. The water was really moving and the fish were scattered. After 10 hours on the water, we managed to pull in a few small blue and one small flattie. We had some big runs, but couldn't get a good hook set. This was my first time fishing the Ohio, and even though we didn't catch any lunkers I had a great time. I want to thank Skippie and Steve for inviting me and showing me the 'ropes' on how to fish the Ohio!

8. skippie2use

skippie2use New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Your welcome, sorry we didnt get grampa hog. By the way isnt that some boat steve has. Most people are jack of all trades master of none, but that man does terrific work on every thing. From making boat seats, including sowing the seat covers, Making a better trailer than most dealers. Especially after the beating I gave it trying to get the boat on the trailer in that current. BAM, sorry steve. To making drift socks, and ole yah gittars. You would make one hell of a union carpenter steve, because you are as good as I have seen. You know you can ignore the union blur, just have to get my union add in when I get the chance. lol Get a hold of us eric and we will try it again somewhere else. Steve I can tell it wont be long youll be a better catman than I am. not that im good. Keep after them. Going to look at a new boat tomarrow. By the way thanks for that also erik.

9. skippie2use

skippie2use New Member

State:
    Indiana
    skippies have been tough for me, lately ok impossable. SHAD ONLY no luck on sabakis for the skippjack though. Havent even seen but just a few scattered here and there. I am going to a spot saturday morning though where I think the will be. And thats not on the ohio river.