Ohio river maps

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by Joshua_898, Aug 11, 2007.

1. Joshua_898

Joshua_898 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Can anyone tell me if its possible to get maps of certain sections of the Ohio river? And where I might be able to do so. Me and a friend have been thinking of doing a little fishing trip down to the Cincinnati area, on the OH/KY line, for a couple days and see if we have any luck. I have to fish from shore so I have to actually pick a spot to go to. Unlike all you lucky people with the boats..:wink:
    I've never fished that area of the Ohio river and I was wondering if I can get some maps somewhere that would show me water depth and such. Still haven't completely made up my mind on exactly where we are going to try our luck and I was hoping if I could get a few maps it might help me decide on a decent spot to set up for the night. Anyway, any advice is always appreciated.

2. catfish chaser

catfish chaser New Member

State:
    miamisburg, oh
    I don't know if you can but I wish I could get a map for the Ohio in PA

3. HRCats

HRCats New Member

State:
    Ohio
  4. Skipjack

Skipjack New Member

State:
    LaGrange, Ky.
  5. Jammer

Jammer New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    If you go to www.theohioriver.com they offer a computer cd with a lot of info and river maps. I think it's around $15. I got one early in the year and it's pretty good, I just wish it showed depths and holes.

6. cincynick

cincynick New Member

State:
    ohio
    Like Jammer I got mine off theohioriver.com, I spent all winter trying to locate maps with depth charts but this is the closest thing I could find. It has proved useful but it would be nice to know approximate depths. I fish the Cincy area of the ohio river on the ohio side, from the bank I should add, and usually it's well worth it, but this year I haven't seen many fish.