Ohio river madison

Discussion in 'INDIANA RIVERS TALK' started by bigcatkev, May 29, 2006.

1. bigcatkev

bigcatkev New Member

State:
    indiana
    Have been catching some real nice fish in madison lately. Caught 6 fish the other day all in the 20 pound range. Then fished again the other day and caught 16. :big_smile: How's everyone else doing?

2. Eric-t

Eric-t New Member

State:
    Salem, Indiana
    Hey Kevin, I'm going this weekend. What are you catching them on, skipjack?
    Blues or flats?

3. bigcatkev

bigcatkev New Member

State:
    indiana
    Hey Eric I've been catching them on skips and shad, but everything has been on cut bait and we've caught blues, flats and channels.

4. Eric-t

Eric-t New Member

State:
    Salem, Indiana
    Thanks for the info. I need all the help I can get.

5. bigcatkev

bigcatkev New Member

State:
    indiana
    Hey eric were are you going? I plan on going either friday night or saturday morning. Will probably fish madison area or markland damn. I see your from salem and I live in columbus. Give me a holler some time and will hook up. Later!

6. Eric-t

Eric-t New Member

State:
    Salem, Indiana
    I'm fishing around Levenworth where Big Blue River runs in. I have a club tournament there June 10. It's open if your interested in fishing it.

7. Stoney_Cat

Stoney_Cat New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Hey Kevin,
    Sounds like bites wide open. I am in North Vernon about 25 miles away.
    where abouts you catching them in the madison area ? and where are you catching your bait ?

Garret

8. bigcatkev

bigcatkev New Member

State:
    indiana
    Hey Garret! I'm catching them in the discharge sometimes and moveing around alot in different holes. As far as bait is concerned I've been getting skips at markland damn when when the water is clear. You can go right down to the rocks on the indiana side and catch them. You can also get shad in the marina down river from the ramp. Hope this helps and fill free to give me a holler anytime you have questions. My fishing partner lives in Northvernon also. Later!

9. wsshipman

wsshipman New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Hey Bigcat
    There are a lot of fish being taken in the Madison area now.I fished a tournament saturday night and did fair.Also looking for some new holes to fish,getting ready for the Madison Classic coming up on June 23rd & 24th.There's going to be a big turnout.Been doing a lot of river fishing these year.need to learn a lot about it.
    Steve

10. Stoney_Cat

Stoney_Cat New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Right on Kev
    whos your fishing partner i might know him ?
    Went out today for a couple hours but had the girlfriend and her daughter with me did have a good tug but nothing else right at the entrace into the marina below the big launch ramp Lost my anchor...by the power plant...so that was it for me for the day.. Im thinking about heading to White river in seymour see if i can't hook up with a Flattie tonight..we should hook up sometime .. Maybe i could get some Ohio River tips from you..Hell i will buy the beer..
    Im off today, weds and Thursday this week..

Later Garret

11. Stoney_Cat

Stoney_Cat New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I will let you know how i do tonight..
    Later Garret

12. Stoney_Cat

Stoney_Cat New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Hey Kev
    Well i caught 1 tonight just got in it was small but its all good.
    I have a 18' 4 winns not my dream boat as you said but it gets me out there..Yeah im new to the area been here for 4 years I lived in Cali, and Oregon now here.. I have only fished the river a few times Im not up to speed on whats going on out there yet..Let me know when you go i would love some pointers ..pm me your email as i cant pm you yet as it says i need 10 post before i can pm someone..

Later
    Garret

13. catseeman

catseeman New Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Garret, welcome and just say hi to ten people gets your post that way.