Ohio River Madison 3/6/09

Discussion in 'INDIANA RIVERS TALK' started by IndyCatGuy, Mar 8, 2009.

1. IndyCatGuy

IndyCatGuy New Member

State:
    Greensburg, IN
    JetDoc and I went down to the Ohio River today to do some blue cat fishing. Launched the boat, went down to the marina and caught a few nice shad and then headed to our spot. As we were going under the 421 bridge (not far from the launch ramp) the motor on JetDoc's boat sputtered and died. We made our way back to the ramp with the trolling motor, put the boat on the trailer and decided it was too nice of a day to quit fishing so we went in search of a bank spot. Well...we found one...and it payed off. Soon after arriving, JetDoc hooked into a 13lb blue. I quickly followed with a 25lb blue. We had alot of runs, but those were the only two fish we caught. We also got checked by 2 different CO's, one of which sat and talked to us for about half an hour and answered alot of questions for me concerning Ohio River fishing. Aside from the boat motor dying, it was a good day and nice weather...despite the wind. Here are a couple pics:
    http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p9/IndianaCatfish/P3060014.jpg
    http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p9/IndianaCatfish/P3060015.jpg
    http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p9/IndianaCatfish/P3060017.jpg

2. BIGCATFISH64

BIGCATFISH64 New Member

State:
    Muncie,Indiana
    Good job guys! you two " Endeavoured to Persavere " ( heard that in a movie one time always wanted to say it) anyways good luck and good fishin'.:eek:oooh:

3. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Good job guys sounds like it was a great day on the Ohio River hopefully they will be plenty of more days like that this year and be plenty of more fish to be caught.

4. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Doing all that and posting pics already... man, ya don't play around do ya?
    I had a feeling I'd see some weekend pics from you. Awesome

5. Harleycat

Harleycat New Member

State:
    INDIANA
    Thanks for the picts, It was nice to talk to you 2 at westside.

6. Shad Man

Shad Man New Member

State:
    Tyler, TX
    Those are some nice blues you guys caught. Is there a private ramp near the IKE power plant or Madison Indiana area? I know of the one north in Vevey but thats a long boat ride.

7. SkiMax

SkiMax New Member

State:
    Rising Sun, IN
    There is a nice big public ramp in downtown Madison. Also a ramp across the river in Milton, KY

8. Whiskerstalker

Whiskerstalker New Member

State:
    Hamilton County Indiana
    Them 2 never fail to dissappoint when it comes to catchin big blues:eek:oooh:.

I've been fishin w/ Scott a time or two. He's very competitive when it comes to bluegill fishin:wink:

9. Mean Streak

Mean Streak New Member

State:
    Indiana
    He seems to have alot of time on his hands (or feet) Lets get the tournaments rollin.:eek:oooh::tounge_out::wink: Man they need some of these that jump around and stuff.

10. Flootie16

Flootie16 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    man gotta love a few good fish especially when the boat caputs