Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went for a short drive along the river front this afternoon.The mighty Ohio is way up.And according to the news will crest tomorrow.

First picture was from late summer.And the second picture from roughly same spot.Both are a view of the hydro/boat ramp area.

Water resources Body of water River Water Waterway

Water Water resources River Shore Bank

·
Registered
866 Posts
I work in cinci, all the snow melt is bringing it up fast, bad thing is I think we are getting more rain this week. Looks like I'll be on brookville lake for a while. planning on going back to Kentucky lake around first of april.

·
Registered
8,122 Posts
Thanks for the pics. Got in-laws in Brandenburg.

·
Registered
6,124 Posts
where I'm from, the very BEST flathead fishing is @ early night when the river is flooded and swollen into the woods, and trees are screaming by that are nearly as big as semi's ...in the right spot, you can't keep a pole in the water! This method is very dangerous but very productive (if you live through it!)

Being mowed down by a huge tree you couldnt see in the dark is just one of the dangers. I'm married with children now so I don't do it anymore.... I know I'll never catch flatheads like that again.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.