Ohio River Last Weekend

Discussion in 'LOCAL INDIANA TALK' started by Jroc777, Oct 5, 2005.

1. Jroc777

Jroc777 Member

State:
    Evansville, IN
    Went down to the Ohio River on Sunday about 5 a.m. and fished all day until a couple of hours after dark. Was a pretty slow day. Lots of boat traffic and it was hot and sunny but I did catch a 10 lb. blue. Caught him on cut shad on a dropoff in front of where a creek comes into the Ohio. I did find a really good flathead location that is pretty easy to find. There is an island with a sand bar stretching out the back and it is filled with tons on trees and lumber. I really want to try this spot at night sometime.

Attached Files:

2. LilRyjoe04

LilRyjoe04 New Member

State:
    Indianapolis,Indiana
    Yah Joe, that looks like a pretty good spot! I was about to say, I like your new profile pic!! :thumbsup: We are definately going to have to hit that spot, maybe next year. Congrats on the catch and I'll talk to you soon.

3. rodpod

rodpod New Member

State:
    Evansville, Ind
    Nice blue..I went out last saturday night and got skunked. Had a few runs but kept getting dropped. What part of the Ohio are you fishing? I am right on the Ohio in Evansville.

4. river_rat_42

river_rat_42 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I went down to the Ohio River last weekend too. It sucked when I went (friday night) just a few hits was all the action I had all night. Anybody fish the Jefferson and Clark County parts of the river.

5. Jroc777

Jroc777 Member

State:
    Evansville, IN
    We launched out of lawrenceburg. We have fished this area several times this year and have had some luck. I've also been to several other areas on the Ohio this year and caught some decent fish.

6. skippie2use

skippie2use New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Laughthry island holds some good flats and some monster channels. have even cought some big stripers in there. there are a couple other excellent spots within site from the island. Wish I lived in aura or lawrenceburg.