Ohio river last weekend

Discussion in 'INDIANA RIVERS TALK' started by Shad Man, Aug 24, 2009.

1. Shad Man

Shad Man New Member

State:
    Tyler, TX
    Well a few of us meet up by chance on the Ohio this weekend. Took the Girlfriend and the dog out. we caught 6 blues and 2 channels. here are a few pics. O yeah we also caught a 35 foot cabin cruizer with 5 rods. Don't even ask. My girlfriend and the dog caught a little nap on the bottom of the boat. I wonder if she seen Shane throw the bait on the floor?

Attached Files:

2. Shad Man

Shad Man New Member

State:
    Tyler, TX
    Cant get the other pics. I will try a little later. They are too big. anyone know how to shrink them?

3. Flootie16

Flootie16 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    yeah yeah yeah someone had to fish and show all of us up. cant believe we had you drifting right behind us not even 20 feet away and ur the one who ended up catching all the fish....ah well it was still a blast. and it was nice meeting you justin. we have to get together and do it again sometime. but next time you have to let a few of us catch some fish.

4. evilfud

evilfud New Member

State:
    IN
    Hey man some nice fish there. I hope my boat gets to running again soon i really want to take another trip or 2 to the Ohio before the year is over.

Chris

5. indycatman

indycatman New Member

State:
    Greenwood, Indi
    nice kitty kat there guys congrats on the catfishes

6. whiskerchick

whiskerchick New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Nice fish!! But....letting your girl nap on a nasty shad or worse is so wrong LMAO!!

7. Flootie16

Flootie16 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    They were good ole yummy mooneye. Well...the mooneye on his boat the fish found yummy. the mooneye on the boat i was on the fish despised :angry:

8. Flootie16

Flootie16 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    They were good ole yummy mooneye. Well...the mooneye on his boat the fish found yummy. the mooneye on the boat i was on the fish despised :angry:

9. Shad Man

Shad Man New Member

State:
    Tyler, TX
    Alright here is the pic of Ashley and my Beagle Gunner catchin some ZZZZ's

Attached Files:

10. Shad Man

Shad Man New Member

State:
    Tyler, TX
    Here are a few from a few weeks ago. Her first time on the Ohio.

Attached Files:

11. Shad Man

Shad Man New Member

State:
    Tyler, TX
    We caught bigger but she couldn't hold them up for a good pic. So I got to hold them. hahahaha

12. skippi2use

skippi2use New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Whos in the boat in the back ground, it looks kinda familiar. Sure wish that boat behind you in the picture could have caught some fish.LOL Its in the shop right now being fine tuned.

13. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I don't see how they can sleep standin' on their head like that...:eek:oooh:

14. PrittyKitty

PrittyKitty New Member

State:
    Indiana
    HA That would so be me:wink:

15. bnt55

bnt55 New Member

State:
    Northern KY
    Reading this thread has given me an idea. Between the lot of us here that fishes the Ohio out of NKY and S. Indiana we should all get our boats together and drift in a big row all the way across the river, this way someone is bound ot catch a fish and with enough people may even get into the guiness book of world records for the most people consecutively drifting the Ohio River....:eek:oooh:

16. catfishcatcher

catfishcatcher New Member

State:
    indiana
    Hey shadman you better be careful taking that dog out in that boat. At least make sure you feed him plenty of food and dont turn your back on him or you might end up wet once he eats his way out of that boat.:smile2:

17. skippi2use

skippi2use New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Flootie and I caught about 10 fish during the day there where 2 about 20#'s. I burnt my trolling motor battery up during the day and basically had no trolling motor by the time steve and Justin got down there. I was basically at the mercy of the current. During the day we where fighting 4-5 foot white caps. It was so bad I had waves coming over the nose of my deep v sitting still. It was rough and then about dark it really laid down. We did also catch a couple of fish after dark but no size, I think 10#'s was the biggest.

18. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Barges lol

19. Flootie16

Flootie16 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    hey ten fish in that horrible wind wasnt a bad day at all in my eyes! just sucked not having a trolling motor that night when the river was calm. Ah well. what made my night was when justin said he didnt see the two huge cabin cruisers and drifted right into the anchors. that was hillarious!:smile2:

20. Shad Man

Shad Man New Member

State:
    Tyler, TX
    Thanks man:angry: I had four rods go down at once. But just continue to bend. I thought I was in the honey hole until I looked forward. Well the guy I hooked up on was cool. HAHA O well got all the rigs back and still caught more fish:wink:. I'm tellin ya I don't know if its the custom rod holder I built, the dog or the Girlfriend but somethings bringin me damn good luck lately. hahaha