Ohio River July 1

Discussion in 'INDIANA RIVERS TALK' started by kuigy, Jul 5, 2009.

1. kuigy

kuigy New Member

State:
    Newburgh, IN
    Fishassasin and I got a chance to hit the Ohio River below Newburgh dam last Wednesday. Caught a few fish, nothing major. The water was dropping like crazy last week here, but we managed to boat a couple decent fish.

When I say "we" I mean Dave. I caught one little blue that wasn't even worth taking a picture of.:embarassed:

Anyway, it was the first time I'd fished with somebody from the BOC and a good time was had.

Attached Files:

2. fishassasin

fishassasin New Member

State:
    Evansville, Ind
    hey roger you caught some fish ... especially that one species that u hadnt ever caught before... i had a good time too.... we should do it again sometime .... i went back down there where that stump was. you know the one we hit and got snagged on before we knew what it was. caught a few channels. im thinking we need to hit some deeper water next time. im planning on going either tomorrow evening or tuesday evening.

3. kuigy

kuigy New Member

State:
    Newburgh, IN
    Oh man, I forgot about that! It's not even my pb anymore :smile2: caught one 3 times as big Friday!

I drifted that little stretch by the stump Friday/Saturday about 1 am and caught exactly the same as last time. :confused2:

I was thinking of heading to the downtown E'ville ramp Monday afternoon to get some skipjacks if you wanna go.

4. biga

biga Well-Known Member

State:
    evansville
    that dave can put you on some channel cats you better watch him!@!!:smile2: with the water coming up you might be able to get some skips down there right now...

5. fishassasin

fishassasin New Member

State:
    Evansville, Ind
    sorry man ... if theres a cat around (which is usually channels) i will catch it... and heck you have put me on some of them ... i try to catch a flat head ...and all i catch is a spotted catfish. dang things... no skips available this evening. saw a few small hatchlings surfacing but no takers on sabikis or white grubs. but hey ive been known to pull a nice blue out of my arse a time or two. mainly the big ones when fishing out of your boat or with you on the bank haha (i.e. 2 yrs ago on halloween). but without your guide services i wouldnt have been able to catch those biguns and one is on tape still

6. biga

biga Well-Known Member

State:
    evansville
    boat is almost done so i should be ready for some real good fishing soon!! i am ready for another rocky point flathead trip!!!

7. fishassasin

fishassasin New Member

State:
    Evansville, Ind
    can only go fishin today and tomorrow ..this week.... leaving town on thursday to pick up a boat and hopefully a motor too

8. kuigy

kuigy New Member

State:
    Newburgh, IN
    My friend from Bloomington is coming in and we're going to fish tomorrow morning. I'll let you know how we do.

Thanks AJ, it's the only fish I caught worth a picture that day.

9. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Looks like a nice trip, congrats.

10. fishassasin

fishassasin New Member

State:
    Evansville, Ind
    went out tonight around downtown evansville and fished deep water shallow water drifted both anchored both .. with alot of fish on the seeker screen and all i could mustard up was a couple of dinks. got word of a couple nice cats caught not too far from where i fished. heard one broke 30lbs. must be nice ... my day will come when i catch that world rec. of some kinda fish. might have to start targeting gar. just might be my best chance at doin it.

11. kuigy

kuigy New Member

State:
    Newburgh, IN
    :smile2: If you need any help with those gar, let me know. I can get you on some bigguns!

Up by Newburgh Dam, we caught a total of a 12lb blue, 7lb channel and a 2lb hybrid. Although, my friend had something big snap his hook's leader.:crazy:

Drifted that whole stretch from Mulzer to Angel Mounds and nothing bit. Good fish on the depth finder, but no bites. By the dam is where all the fish came from.

Wait til you see the pictures from tomorrow though!:big_smile:

12. kuigy

kuigy New Member

State:
    Newburgh, IN
    Caught several 10 to 20 pound blues and a decent striper today with a friend who runs a guide service.

Forgot to take many pictures, got video though.:sad2:

Attached Files: