Ohio river is outstanding

Discussion in 'MEMBER FISHING REPORTS (BECOME A FISHING LEGEND)' started by ka_c4_boom, Sep 24, 2006.

1. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    today vern and myself hit the river outa milton ky we went down river got some 6 to 13 inch shad out of one of the creeks and headed up river we tried a couple spots along the indiana shore above madison before we found the fish . the water was up quite a bit atleast 5 ft from thursday when i went , the wind today was bad i thought , i dont like it blowing up river makes for some rough riding with three ft or higher swells in the middle of the river . so any how we anchored in a spot that i had caught blues before , cast all our lines out 12 rods in all , the boat looked like a porcupine lol . most of the fish we caught were in the shallows , i was casting up on the bank in the weeds managed to pull 4 channels out of 1.5 ft of water one was atleast 12# the others were smaller i also caught a blue about 15# from near the bank and a flat about 1# lol the same area , i caught one blue out in the river in a 30 ft eddie hole we were sitting near , it was probly 20# . vern caught 2 blues one about 4# and the other bout 12# we were using the same bait but he just didnt have my attitude or luck lol all total we caught nine cats , had fun and spent the day together , i love my brother he is a good fishing partner if it hadnt been for him catching bait and dipping my fish i would not have had such a good time , thanks vern for being there once again

2. grizzly

grizzly New Member

State:
    Griffithville, Arkansas
    I agree, having family and friends with you just makes it better. grizzly

3. dreamcatcher

dreamcatcher New Member

Glad the fishing is going well for you guys Chuck. Keep us posted.

4. cattinfever999

cattinfever999 New Member

State:
    KY
    Ain't that SWEET. I love your brother too. What's this I hear about you out fishing him? Maybe I should write that down somewhere.:big_smile:

5. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Congrats on the catch! 12 poles!!! Wow, I am so jealous! We can only use 2 poles per person here in Pa.!:sad2:

6. RamRod

RamRod New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Congrats on your catches, thanks for sharing your experiences with us!

7. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Hey ka_c4_ boom. Going to Brandenberg Ky. Friday for a week. Want to take my father-inlaw fishing on the Ohio. Any good guides in the area? Send me a pm. Where did ya get your screen name. Bet I can pretty well guess.

8. bigcatJoe

bigcatJoe New Member

State:
    indiana
    sounds like you guys had a good time fishing.

9. Shanadoia

Shanadoia New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Yes, you putem to shame today did'nt ya friend...Only one thing as i see it, i should liked to be your camera person...shanadoia: